Analyst – Project Finance (Corporate Development)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Jon Michel Executive Search
- 14 Aug 17
Corporate Development Role. Large rail/logistics corporate - work life balance
- Corporate Development Role
- Large rail/logistics corporate
- Work life balance
This corporate is one of Australia’s largest rail haulage/logistics businesses with offices in most of Australia’s capital cities. This corporate has a project finance/corporate development team which spans Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (this role is Sydney based but you will have the ability to transfer office over time as the team works seamlessly across states). Work life balance is very important where one can expect hours very close to 830am-5pm every day – while your career can move in several successful directions through the business – ie strategy, M&A focused, staying within a client development/client facing deal role or divisional leadership. The appointee will have the ability to develop collaborative relationships with different stakeholders across the organisation (including business development and operations teams) to guide and influence successful deal outcomes.
• Play a key role in the development of financial models that assess the financial feasibility of rail investments and rail haulage contracts
• Updating of base financial and pricing assumptions (as utilised in pricing and investment decisioning models)
• Maintain and develop standardised financial models ensuring robustness and accuracy, and provision of the standard price assumptions and drivers
• Build integrated (3-way) financial models from scratch where required
• Provide assistance by assisting the building of Investment papers with the Project Finance Manager in their review of investment decisions for a commercial soundness and alignment to the longer term strategic plan.
• Act in a portfolio management capacity to monitor the financial performance of rail haulage investments and rail haulage contracts.
• From time to time you may be involved in an M&A deal related to this business.
We are considering candidates with:
• Financial modelling experience specifically in project finance, infrastructure, or property (development) finance. Or we will consider candidates from any financial modelling team within a corporate finance context.
• 2-5 years relevant work experience
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Daniel Yee on (02) 9235 9420 or email@example.com