Analyst / Associate (EU)
- Vienna, Wien, Austria
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Aug 17
The Analyst / Associate role is a unique, highly challenging, yet tremendously rewarding role. You will be the focal point of critical development projects and acquisitions and hold responsibility for driving the success of these projects from beginning to end.
Our company is a private equity-backed power investment platform that invests in power generation assets in emerging markets. Our current portfolio consists of 69 power generation assets that span 19 countries and 3 continents, utilizing a wide range of fuel types, technology and equipment.
The Analyst / Associate role is a unique, highly challenging, yet tremendously rewarding role. You will be the focal point of critical development projects and acquisitions in the energy sector, and will be responsible for driving the success of these projects / investments from beginning to end.
- World-class modelling and quantitative abilities. The role will be modelling intensive, having the candidate build financial models frequently (preference for project finance modelling skills)
- Support the team with researching different markets and opportunities in the power sector
- Provide investment analysis quickly and with clarity
- Prepare compelling transaction materials describing an investment and value drivers and then present with clarity to the most senior executives
- Work well in a lean and flat organization and have the interpersonal skills to manage horizontally within the company and on transaction teams
- Deep interest and intellectual curiosity of energy and financial markets
- Enthusiasm to contribute to a fast growing, hardworking and dynamic organization
- Flexibility to travel when required for a transaction
- A minimum of 18 months to a maximum of 3 years total experience gained after graduation
- Experience from a reputable investment bank's natural resources, power, renewable energy, utilities, or infrastructure team
- Experience at an infrastructure private equity firm focusing on energy or renewable energy investments is a plus
- Strong undergraduate academic background in business, finance, or engineering
- Excellent knowledge and enthusiasm for energy is key
- Spanish, Portuguese, or French language skills is a plus
- Willingness and interest to travel internationally