- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi China Company Limited 花旗中国
- 15 Aug 17
Applications Support Senior Analyst
Applications Support Senior Analyst
- Primary Location: China,Shanghai,Shanghai
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17049387
- Production Support Analyst, CitiVelocity
- We are looking for a production support analyst within the Citi Markets Technology Support organization. Using the latest web and mobile technology, the CitiVelocity Platform provides world-class research, commentary, and color on a broad range of product areas across the capital market structure including rates, credit, equities, FX, commodities, and securitized structured products.
- This team manages the day-to-day availability of the applications and ensures issues or status updates are accurately communicated to business. The analyst will be working closely with his/her colleagues in NAM region to ensure seamless 24 x 5 support of our applications. The analyst is also expected to build and enhance technical tools to help improve support operations. He/she should possess great multi-tasking skills to handle the fast-paced production environment. The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and comfortable in discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels.
- This role will require the flexibility of working in shifts and providing weekend support as needed. The shift will vary between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:15 pm CST. The role will be located in Shanghai, China.
- Work closely with development, infrastructure teams and the business to ensure that the team is meeting the business' requirement;
- Perform end to end problem solving tasks before expediting to development teams, manage and resolve issues that arise and ensure daily process completion to service level agreements;
- Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business users, development teams and all stakeholders effectively;
- Maintain application availability to business users globally;
- Ensure the stability of applications by seeking ways proactively for improving stability;
- Drive initiatives for capacity planning, resiliency/failover plans and monitoring enhancements;
- Perform Change Management and deployment activities in production environment;
- Provide ideas and conduct efficiency and effectiveness improvements in support processes;
- Perform Incident and Problem management including prioritization, cause analysis and escalation to appropriate groups;
- Liaise with users, business sponsors and other application development (AD) groups;
- Provide support to AD teams to ensure that changes can be placed into production and supported;
- Create and maintain a knowledge base to promote knowledge transfer within the team; and
- Participate in special project initiatives, as required;
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
Production Support Experience
- Good understanding of ITIL;
- Experience working in a Support Environment with Business Users;
- Able to navigate through User Interface to effectively replicate user issues;
- Understanding of problem management methodologies;
- Excellent Knowledge of active monitoring tool (ITRS);
- Good sense of production incidents / issues handling.
- System Administration;
- Familiar with UNIX commands. Shell scripting.
- Basic Sybase and/or Oracle administration/Siebel, MS SQL;
- Functional knowledge of SQL + ability to write SQL database script.
- Perl/scripting language and / or Java;
- Familiar with Middleware technologies;
- Ability to develop support tools/scripts as required.
- Understanding of IP networks + ability to analyze and monitor network traffic.
- Understanding of IP Multicast/Anycast.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all business levels, exhibit strong organizational skills, work in a team environment, learn new skills quickly with little supervision and work independently with self-motivation.