FX Option eComm Developer - Java / Scala
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
The Foreign Exchange (FX) Technology team is responsible for the core technologies for the FX electronic trading business, providing infrastructure and solutions for contract pricing, hedging and order management system. This position is instrumental to build the team in Shanghai.
This particular position, of Java / Scala Developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of existing systems architecture
- Hands on design, development, testing and deployment of server-side services and applications supporting the business
- Working closely with colleagues in the FX technology team and other technology teams to collaborate on delivering integrated solutions
- Providing support for traders and salespeople with application and infrastructure questions or issues.
To support these responsibilities, FX technology team members must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate should be effective members of the team, providing expertise and experience, as well as the occasional mentoring. They must be able to work collaboratively with other senior developers but also independently with minimal supervision. Meeting deadlines and delivering results to the business and to the rest of the team is paramount, as is having a strong sense of ownership and commitment. As Morgan Stanley employees, all technology team members are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and practice.
- relevant experience: 4+ years
- strong core Java development within a service oriented architecture: comfortable with threading, interprocess communication, XML-based messaging, Spring technologies and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
- communication: able to express ideas clearly and concisely
- clear understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Experience on Scala or other functional programing language
- Experience on C#, especially for WPF
- Experience developing high throughput transaction/event processing systems
- Experience developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX ) operating system
- knowledge of Foreign Exchange Trading systems