Associate Director, Senior Investment Analyst - Global Asset Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Aug 17
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate Director, Senior Investment Analyst.
In this role, you will
- To provide fundamental equity research on Hong Kong and Chinese equities with specific focus on Hardware technology in Hong Kong, mainly A shares, China Industrials, mainly H shares and China Alternative energy such as wind and solar, mainly H shares
- Formulate and generate investment ideas and post them promptly to TMSG
- together with written research report and internally derived financial models
- To provide sector recommendation on a timely basis, and exchange of investment
- ideas with our regional team and the global GEM team
- Participate in client liaison and marketing work when required
- To ensure portfolio managers and senior members of the investment team are
- appropriately informed and updated on relevant investment issues related to the
- above-mentioned sectors
- To provide independent research that enable us to move ahead of the market
- To assist in any equity related queries from any client accounts
- To implement the research process in a disciplined manner and produce
- investment recommendations for the Hong Kong and China Investment team
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Sector focus in Hardware technology in Hong Kong, mainly A shares, China Industrials, mainly H shares and China Alternative energy such as wind and solar, mainly H shares
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Economics or other related subjects
- Solid years of equity security selection experience
- Buy side fundamental equity research experience preferred
- CFA charter holder preferred
- Proficient in English and Chinese languages
- Proficient in Bloomberg and Microsoft Excel
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009HC2
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited