Equities Middle office
- HKD0.00 per annum
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 18 Aug 17
A global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. Since 1988, our business has become synonymous with exceptional levels of service, an in-depth knowledge of our markets, a determination to be the best and above all a proven track record of success. Our professional recruitment expertise spans across: Banking & Financial Services Commerce & Industry Today, a worldwide network of offices and an international candidate management system offers our clients and candidates the best talent and opportunities from all corners of the globe.
Equities Derivatives Middle Office Analyst , 1 year contract
My client is a top tier American Investment Bank and is looking to hire an experienced Equities middle office analyst.
The Equity Derivative Trading Middle office plays an integral part of this business providing the controls and efficiencies to allow it safely operate and develop. The team is currently 5 people in Hong Kong responsible for trade support functions, risk management, control reconciliations, life cycle event processing, new product initiation and marketing/sales support.
- The team undertake a number of different functions and are organised accordingly.
- Monitoring and resolving open items on the suite of business critical control and position reconciliations
- Review of trade bookings back to termsheets/recaps/structuring notes/counterparty pre-confirms
- Constant interaction with the trading and sales desks on live issues and resolutions.
- Work closely with all federation areas to resolve both client and internal issues whilst also expanding understanding of the business
- Monitor and process all life-cycle events including pay-off verification and corporate actions
- Involvement with technology and the business to work on new infrastructure, new products and change management initiatives
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the major controls across the middle office, their impact and resolution and begin to own some of these on a daily basis. They will also have spent time on the desk and on courses to improve knowledge of the products and industry. They should also have spent time with other federation areas to see the wider operational picture, especially technology to improve understanding of system flows and workings.
- Corporate actions experience or equities middle office experience
- Likely have middle office experience, preferably in a trading environment
- Good understanding of Cash Equities or Securities or Equities Derivatives
- Education: graduate degree holder
- Be a strong team-player willing to extend themselves in a pressurised environment
- Be a strong multi-tasker and change driver
- Have a sound knowledge of derivative products, specifically the mechanics of the way they behave
- Have an aptitude to get to grips with system infrastructure and the ability to embrace technology
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external clients
The role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to gain working familiarity with; pan-Asia equity; and equity derivative markets; and products; and an understanding of the control environment; and exposure to a multitude of different businesses and clients. All this combined with an inclusive business environment and opportunity to make a difference, through exceptional client service and technical process re-engineering.
If you're interested in this role please apply with your CV. For a confidential enquiry please contact Abbie Ng 852 3907 3973 or by email email@example.com