Institutional Equity Division, Prime Brokerage, Client Coverage Account Management, up to Associate level (based in HKG) [Prime Brokerage & Hedge Fund exposure required, Mandarin speaking preferred]
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Based in Hong Kong, the Prime Brokerage Client Coverage Account Management role (up to Associate level) brings together, for a variety of hedge funds, all of the firm’s resources, opening up access to technology, research and other elements of Morgan Stanley’s global infrastructure. Their main responsibilities encompass ensuring that a high level of client satisfaction is gained by providing clients with efficient Prime Brokerage coverage and the ability to deal with one point-of-contact at Morgan Stanley.
International Prime Brokerage’s ‘Client Coverage Group’ is organised into several teams of account representatives across Asia and Europe. The teams work alongside, and are guided and supported by, the Client Coverage Management team, which is responsible for client satisfaction, team management, risk and operational issues and the co-ordination of coverage within the department and the Firm.
The number of account relationships managed by a representative varies depending upon the size and complexity of the account; on average each supports 8 to 10 relationships. Representatives are assigned both day-to-day coverage elements and client management responsibilities. Additionally, each representative is trained to act as a comprehensive back-up to all accounts on the team, to ensure continuity of service. The training process includes involvement in client relationship reviews and on-site visits to ensure a solid understanding by all team members of the clients' unique service requirement.
The wider Prime Brokerage business unit has offices in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Toronto, Sao Paulo, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Dubai and Sydney.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Knowledge of hedge funds, the industry and common hedge fund strategies.
- Analytical mindset, good academic record, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen to be able to recognise and interpret commercial opportunities.
- Experience covering clients and developing key relationships.
- Knowledge of a broad range of asset classes, preferably including some of the following: equities, fixed income, FX, listed and OTC derivatives (including cash-flows, valuations and margin treatment of listed futures and options), Government repos, asset swaps (credit, interest-rate and equity) and other equity-related securities.
- Good organisational and time management skills plus the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information. This is often required within a short timeframe, as clients will generally look to you for input on a wide range of topics, some of which will be time-sensitive and may be confidential.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and the ability to clearly articulate complex situations often to senior client contacts and/or internal senior management.
- Mandarin proficiency would be beneficial.