Tokyo-based hedge fund opportunity
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Principle Partners , EA Licence No: 09C5764
- 14 Aug 17
Attention: ONLY native Japanese speakers will be shortlisted for this position.
A multi-billion dollar global alternative investment management firm, which has several offices globally, is looking to hire a Research Analyst for their team in Tokyo. The firms’ investment approach is fundamental and research-intensive, focusing on long/short credit and event-driven opportunities. Their investments include distressed, shorting of investment grade and high yield debt, capital structure trades, special situations involving spin-offs, litigation plays and deep value situations. They invest in instruments throughout the capital structure (including corporate bonds, bank debt, trade claims, equities, credit default swaps, options and other derivative instruments) and across a broad spectrum of companies and industries.
The Research Analyst will focus on investment efforts in the Asian markets with a primary focus on Japan. The responsibilities include primary and secondary market research and analysis of all aspects of the companies’ capital structure in an effort to structure investment recommendations for the firm's portfolio managers. Focus will be on a variety of sectors in the Japanese / Asian markets through direct contact with management teams and industry experts, as well as through public filings, press releases and analyst presentations. Position will involve significant financial modeling and monitoring of news reports, earnings announcements and sell-side analyses on a continuous basis.
- Minimum GPA of 3.4 from top school (or equivalent)
- 4-6 years investment banking/asset management/sell-side research or private equity experience – ideally with a focus on equities
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Independent, self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hardworking, mature and able to work in a team environment
- Fixed income and credit experience a strong plus
- Fluently bilingual in Japanese and English