CIB - ATS Rates Trading Strategist - Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The trading strategist will work as part of the ATS front-office team on the Rates floor in SGP with primary focus on the Rates markets. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The group is globally distributed so some travelling to London and possibly Asia should be expected. The environment is fast-paced and challenging.
ATS is accountable to trading revenue. Members of the team are also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities as ATS staff cross over between trading, quantitative analysis and technology. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day trading. Some on call time will be expected.
• Analysis of client and trade data to identify revenue opportunities
• Formulation, analysis and back testing of pricing, execution, risk management strategies and signals
• Performing ad hoc data mining tasks and requests as needed
• Building tools for automation and for the benefit of our own group and others, resolving day to day issues
• Work in close collaboration with IB technology to drive the automated trading technology agenda and in many cases work jointly on implementation Essential skills
- Linux knowledge
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading in Rates
- Excellent quantitative, modelling and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn
- Ability to understand and map data flows across applications and data sources
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Java/C++ an Python
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Rates markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology
- Experience in manipulating large amounts of data including e-commerce, historical and financial data
- Experience of working with ECNs
- Knowledge of, database technologies
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies
- Minimum B.Sc in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent