- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 Aug 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Biz Title - Data Journalist (12 month contract)
Function - Data Services (CDO)
Company - Standard Chartered
SCB is in the midst of implementing a Data Lake which will have transactions, collateral, credit and static data across the bank so that users (humans and other systems) can consume that data without going to the source systems. As the footprint of data increases within the lake there is a need to commercialize data in the lake to "information" and "insights" using Big Data technologies and Analytics tools. Data Services function under Chief Data Office (CDO) within Standard Chartered was formed to help the Bank understand, explore and optimize its data for business enablement, risk management, conduct monitoring and regulatory compliance purposes.
Data Services function would own the bank's data taxonomy, codify knowledge of the bank's data - both from source systems and in the joined-up data lake and also provide data expertise to projects that consume data from the Data Lake.
This function would also help in the bank's journey to democratize data.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
How does your day look like?
* Creating exciting visualizations with data, while keeping a strong sense of narrative based on raw data either in excels or a story in a word document.
* Working with Internal communication teams on key 'interventions' such as interviews, mentions in newsletters, 'live' Q&A on the bridge,
* Maintaining (creating /updating) all Data Services Charter/roadmap and communication artefacts.
Qualifications and Skills
What you would need?
* Ability to build impactful Presentations using Data as a theme.
* Excellent in researching, writing of wide range of topics
* Unmatchable communication skills in written and verbal both.
What you will get?
* Working on Data and Analytics subject area across one or multiple banking domains.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 23/06/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.