- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 05 Aug 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The New Products team requires a Cross Asset Class Derivatives SME, with the skills and competency to handle the drafting of Booking Models, Governance Management and Booking Model Testing. You will be a member of the New Products Group function at Standard Chartered Bank, for business lines of Asset Liability Management, FX, Rates, Credits, Bonds and Loans, Commodities and Equity Derivatives. This role will be part of an existing team within the global FM Product Engineering division.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop and own booking model and analysis processes across all asset class business lines and platforms.
- To own the governance around the new payoffs to be on-boarded
- Understanding of the mechanics of the New products to be on-boarded (which means liaising with the trading desk - who will be your key stakeholder)
- To develop and continually improve quality, accuracy and efficiency of requirements gathering and analysis processes.
- Work primarily with the Sabre and Murex build teams in developing a solution
- Collate information from various departments (Trading, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Product Control and Finance) in gathering the various test scenarios to enable him/her to derive UAT test cases in which they will be required to execute.
- To build, improve and continually share business product, process and flow expertise across the wider team, both onshore and offshore.
- Stakeholder management across Front Office and Technology areas.
- To be the central point for disseminating inter-departmental communication, and coordinating the flow of information.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong understanding of Structured Products (from simple exotic to extremely complex)
- Strong Derivatives product knowledge (Commodities, FX, Rates and Credit Derivatives)
- Excellent knowledge around the lifecycling, payoffs, Risks associated with the respective Asset Class
- Experienced in writing UAT test scripts
- Good Communicator(must be able to articulate themselves well)
- Front Office Stakeholder Management experience
- Functional Experience of Murex is preferable
- Strong communicator, able to converse in appropriate levels of detail with COO group, Front Office traders, Middle Office, Product Controllers, Market Risk, Credit Risk and other relevant heads of business functions.
- Able to independently manage projects of small to medium in scale is preferred.
- This role is a functional role, but technical knowledge will be advantageous.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.