Senior Big Data Developer
- Contract, Full time
- Credit Agricole CIB
- 22 Aug 17
The department is responsible for development and maintenance of Risk and Finance applications used by worldwide users, composed of Market Risk IT, Counterparty RIsk IT, Finance IT & Credit Risk IT divisions. the Team will provide level 2 & 3 support for delivered applications. The applications are all in-house developments. This position call for 6 years of experience in Java/J2EE development and 2 years of experience in big data development on Hadoop eco-system.
Who we are
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Banking (CA-CIB) is the CIB arm of Crédit Agricole Group, world’s 11th largest bank by total assets.
Our Singapore center is one of the 3 main IT Hubs for CA-CIB's worldwide business. We work daily with international branches located in 33 countries by:
- Envisioning and preparing the Bank’s futures information systems
- Partnering and supporting core banking flagships and transverse areas in their large scale development projects.
- Providing premium In-house Banking applications,
This unique positioning empowers us to bring our core banking business a sustainable competitive advantage on the market.
We seek innovative and agile people sharing our mindset to support ambitious and forthcoming technological challenges.
Department and team overview
The department is responsible for development and maintenance of Risk and Finance applications used by worldwide users, composed of the following divisions -
- Market Risk IT handles risk and P&L consolidation and regulatory reporting, P&L analysis application portfolio, comprehensive risk calculation applications based on internal and regulatory models. Counterparty Risk IT handles applications responsible for risk data collection, risk calculation and monitoring for CACIB worldwide
- Finance IT is responsible for applications handling financial accounting for CACIB worldwide.Credit Risk IT covers Front office Applications, Credit Decision Processing tool, Global Authorization Repository system and Default History Data Base
- Teams provide level 2 & 3 support for delivered applications. The applications are all in-house developments.
- Study, evaluate and provide feedback on functional specifications.
- Provide detailed estimation for development of solutions
- Implement solutions using TDD
- Perform non-functional testing
- Perform design and code review for other team members
- Mentor junior team members
- Prepare documentation for design and implementation
- Support applications in production - analyze and resolve issues as they arise
Qualifications and Profile
- Work Experience:
- At least 6 years in Java/J2EE development
- At least 2 years of experience in big data development on Hadoop eco-system
- Basic understanding of finance and investment banking
- Big data: Hands on knowledge on Hadoop - HDFS, Spark, Spark streaming, Spark SQL, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Flume. Knowledge of tools like Phoenix, SOLR, Sqoop, Talend is be good to have.
- Solution design using proven patterns, awareness of anti-patterns, performance tuning
- Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC/Struts/JSF, Java script, JQuery
- Relational databases – Oracle/MSSQL/Sybase
- Build tool - Maven//sbt/ant, UML, JMS/Websphere MQ, Restful web services, Jenkins/Team City, Source management – SVN/GIT, TDD using Junit, DBUnit, Jira/QC. Application server – Jboss/Websphere/Weblogic
Other Professional Skills and Mind-set
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Awareness of various software development procedures
- Ability to follow defined procedures
We offer a competitive remuneration package, consistent with your qualifications and experience. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and Be One of the talented professionals who contribute to excellence from our Singapore centre.