Associate, Corporate Finance (Mandarin language essential)
- up to £100k
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 14 Aug 17
Expertise in corporate finance execution of both public offerings (IPOs / Rights issues / ABBs) and private deals (private placements, pre-IPO structures, equity/debt advisory).
Application closing date 28th August 2017
Salary up to £100k
The Associate position in the investment banking advisory team will be responsible for all corporate finance matters - the end to end execution of all Equity Capital Market and Financing Advisory mandates, legal / compliance / regulatory responsibilities and preparation of pitching materials. Expertise in corporate finance execution of both public offerings (IPOs/Rights issues/ABBs) and private deals (private placements, pre-IPO structures, equity/debt advisory).
ICBCS investment banking advisory is responsible for delivery of Equity Capital Markets, Financing Advisory and strategic M&A advisory products to both international and emerging market clients globally. In addition, ICBCS investment banking advisory acts as the EMEAI and Americas co-ordination for ICBC IBD in Beijing, and partners with ICBC International in Hong Kong for Greater China / Asia.
• End to end ECM and Financing Advisory transaction execution. Process and due diligence management from pitch to closing. Draft transaction related documentation including teasers, investment/information memoranda, offering documentation. Manage transaction related opinions/agreements and legal negotiations.
• Client pitches and documentation. Prepare pitch documents based on input and direction from the team, including ability to compare and contrast different listing jurisdictions. Gather, analyse and summarise relevant data from internal and external sources. Work with communications team to ensure professional presentation.
• Financial modelling, valuation and analysis. Build, review and manage complex operating, equity and debt financial models and undertake valuation of public and private companies/divisions/assets based on industry-standard methods (DCF, comparable multiples, comparable transaction data, IRR/LBO).
• ECM / Corporate finance technical and legal/compliance/regulatory leadership and broader ICBCS / ICBC / SB interface.
• Business-level Mandarin reading, verbal and writing.
• Current or recent Associate at a global investment bank with in-depth experience in Equity Capital Markets execution - investment banking Equity Capital Markets execution experience. This should be complimented by demonstrable experience in Equity Capital Markets origination and/or Financing Advisory and/or M&A.
• Expertise in corporate finance execution of both public offerings (IPOs/Rights issues/ABBs) and private deals (private placements, pre-IPO structures, equity/debt advisory).
• Knowledge of listing regulations and alternatives in key financial centres globally (London, New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Australia).
• End to end ECM transaction execution experience, including due diligence, documentation, process management.
• Bachelor degree in a numerate discipline, supported by relevant postgraduate finance qualifications.
• Evidence of a global disposition, having worked and/or studied in multiple continents. Experience in emerging markets would be helpful.
• Interest in developing a career in investment banking ECM/ECF and Financing Advisory.
• Specific experience with clients in at least one sector group (energy, natural resources, general industrials, telecoms) with demonstrable ability to quickly get up to speed with a range of sectors.
• Strong financial modelling, analysis, valuation and negotiation skills.
Salary Range £75k to £100k