M&A Associate 1 or 2 - Industrials (Building Materials focus)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
A highly regarded global institution is seeking an Associate due to internal movement. The successful candidate will join a dynamic Industrials team franchise that boasts excellent credentials and a strong deal pipeline.
- Typical work includes a mix of execution and client coverage including: financial analysis, financial due diligence, process management and client deal team interaction
- Required to co-ordinate and work with all other product, geography and industry teams, including: M&A, Leverage Finance, Debt Capital Markets and Equity Capital Markets
- Opportunity to work on a range of transaction types including: sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, equity raising and leveraged buyouts
- Broad engagement across teams / groups, for example: M&A, Leverage Financed, Financial Sponsors, DCM, ECM, Structured and Risk solutions (e.g., IR or FX derivatives).
- Involvement in broad range of deals, for example: sell-side, buy-side, financings, PE funds and SWFs.
Desired profile, qualifications and knowledge required:
- A proven background in Corporate Finance from a bank or reputable boutique advisory firm
- Previous experience in Industrials subsectors is desired but isn't a prerequisite - particularly Autos, Capital Goods, Manufacturing, Building Materials etc
- Excellent financial modelling experience (operating models, merger models, LBO, etc )
- Experience in buy-side and sell-side M&A
- Project management: ability to manage teams to deliver to client needs
- Strong communications skills: ability to interact confidently with banking professionals and clients
- Outstanding analytical skills, including ability to perform data analysis
- Team work: experience of working in a project based environment with tight deadlines
- Strong academic record