SAP (SYBASE) ASE Product Engineer – Enterprise Computing – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
EI is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes. Apply, examine, support and troubleshoot a global network including routers, switches, and firewalls.
A position has arisen for an experienced database engineer / DBA to work on the Firm's SAP RDBMS infrastructure. The role requires a broad knowledge of SAP (SYBASE) ASE database products and a track record of building infrastructure required to support the environment.
The role will be primarily developing database infrastructure to support SAP ASE and Replication Server. The candidate will be working on various database related infrastructure / automation projects that will require the development or maintenance of modules/scripts using Perl/Ksh. The candidate will be responsible for development unit level testing and integration testing. Morgan Stanley is looking for a results-driven individual who is able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. The candidate should have a strong track record of delivering projects on time and within budget. Understanding the basics of administering a SAP (SYBASE) ASE server is a core requirement.
- Good ASE Database Administration skillset
- History of delivering Perl / Python based solutions for large scale mission critical production infrastructures
- Strong Unix shell scripting (in particular Korn Shell)
- Experience of revision control systems. Projects will use GIT and RCS but knowledge of other control systems a plus.
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with our existing Perl/ ksh based infrastructure
- Ability to work to fixed deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (including strong written and spoken English)
- Experience using Sybase
- A good understanding of Linux RH (5,6,7) would be advantageous
- Proven track record of delivering enterprise level automation at scale
- TSQL knowledge
- Knowledge of common IT processes, including ITIL and SDLC
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.