Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 15 Aug 17
This role will require strong front office experience and experience working closely with traders. Business knowledge within Rates, Credit, Risk and general Fixed Income is required.
We are a focused and user oriented development team with a wide range of developers operating globally in New York, London, Mumbai and Tokyo. Our focus is Fixed Income electronic and voice trade capture. We process Broker, Client, Dealer, swaps, bonds, repo and future trades from a great variety of platforms including ION, FIX gateways, bespoke API's and Markitwire to name but a few. We serve Rates and Credit cash and derivatives and client clearing. The trades are transported as far as settlement. In addition we support tooling to monitor booking progress and alert Middle Offices.
Java developer required for Fixed Income STP platform. This will utilise your design skills and a proven ability to turn high level specification into high quality solutions in tight deadlines. You will be mentoring junior members, working with sales, traders, middle office and support teams on requirements and developing end-to-end solutions.
You are a confident and self-motivated senior developer with enthusiasm for technology and a good understanding of Trade Lifecycle, Dealer and Client trades. You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders across the bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organising team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You have some familiarity of the Fixed Income business and understand the technical demands of message driven systems.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Enthusiastic about new techniques, quality and technology in general.
- Master of core Java and common supporting libraries with ability to apply them immediately to problems
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented development and Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix servers
- Database and middleware experience: JMS, Tibco EMS, Tibco RV, Sybase ASE
- Systems and Java debugging and performance tuning.
- Auxiliary development tools: SVN, Git, Maven, debuggers etc.
- Fixed income protocols: Bloomberg, FIX, ION, many bespoke APIs.
- Software technology: Spring, Apache Camel, ElasticSearch, Scala, Python
- Test technology: Mockito, Robot
- Knowledge of Fixed Income asset classes.
- Interest Rate or Credit derivatives including Markitwire lifecycle.
- Agile practices: Scrum, Kanban
Right to Work The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.