Trade Support Assistant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 18 Aug 17
You'll be joining the Equity Derivatives Operations team which is a diverse team that provides support to the Equity Derivatives Trading and Sales desks in Europe.
Our Operations group provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver operational transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and operations centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
Our goal is to deliver world-class client service at exceptional value to internal partners and clients. A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the service they deliver. In return, we offer career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
We work across a wide range of product groups, including derivatives, securities, global finance and foreign exchange, cash and trade loans and trust and securities services as well as cross-product functions.
Job Title: Trade Support Assistant
Corporate Title: Associate
You'll be joining the Equity Derivatives Operations team which is a diverse team that provides support to the Equity Derivatives Trading and Sales desks in Europe. The team consists of Operations and Product Subject Matter Experts through to experienced Strategic Change individuals valued for their exceptional delivery track record and structured approach to problem solving. Our mandate is to work closely with the Business as a single point of contact for all operational issues and to do so we engage with multiple stakeholders.
- Acting as a single point of contact for the Equity Derivatives Corporate Trading Desk
- Focusing on structured trades and the capture/monitoring of all the flows of cash and stock in the structure
- Understanding the NTA/NPA (New Trade/Product Approval) process and the pre-requirements from an operational stand point
- Initiating and driving all new product trade capture / flow by attending regular NPA sessions and playing role as key stakeholder and sign off
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) of front to back processes from Trade Capture through to settlement and confirmation
- Handling requirements from Trading, Sales and Structuring and providing a high level of service
- Processing queries raised by settlements, valuations, collateral, finance etc.
- Assisting in the reconciliation and investigation of breaks on Front Office vs Front Office (FOFO) and Front Office vs Back Office (FOBO) reconciliations, focusing on predominately root cause
- Managing the life cycle events on each trade e.g. coupons, expiries, interest settlement, management of dividends
- Monitoring trades from inception through settlement to maturity
- Documenting the details of each structure
- Identifying system issues and being able to raise to appropriate teams
- Identifying operational risks proactively and mitigating appropriately
Skills & Qualifications:
- Equities experience
- Good knowledge of Equity Derivative products (especially in understanding what they are and how they are made up)
- Settlements knowledge (beneficial)
- A high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure
- Ability to show initiative
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.