Senior Software Engineer
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Mar 19
Senior Software Engineer
- Do work that matters alongside other talented individuals, transforming the way people, businesses and data connect with each other.
- Use your deep knowledge in software engineering to nurture the engineering practice, influence software design, and implement cloud native solutions to complex business problems.
- Drive improvements in the tools, practises and processes used for engineering to ensure the team is always at the leading edge of cloud native application delivery
Role Location: Melbourne, VIC
Role Type: Permanent, Fulltime
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a hybrid team of data scientists and software engineers building data driven applications for bankers and customers using the Google Cloud Platform. You will take a customer led approach that combines design thinking, a lean mindset, and agile practices to identify pain points, rapidly prototype bespoke apps, and then deliver commercialised solutions.
You will hold a leadership role in the software engineering practise, you will also contribute directly to delivery of the Institutional Data & analytics product roadmap. This is the perfect role for a seasoned software engineer who is excited to mentor others in software engineering whilst at the same time learning new skills from a highly skilled data science team
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experience running c# or .net core on linux. Excellent Git source control skills. Solid HTML and CSS3 and SQL skills including postgres. Strong unit & integration testing skills and excellent Debugging skills. Understanding of common patterns, practices and principles in designing and writing code and excellent ability to reason about complex distributed systems and the tradeoffs required in decision making for the same.
- Experience with docker and kubernetes and in one of the major cloud platforms strongly preferred. Experience in one or more scripting languages – powershell, bash, others.
- Ability to lead and own a piece of work from idea and development through to production install and support
- Creative solving of technical problems. Ability to act as a project SME or 'source of reference' for requirements and design discussion with various different units (business and technical).A strong understanding of software development techniques such as Object-Oriented design, Test-Driven development, and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated agile behaviours, and experience in agile software delivery. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent ability of understanding business problems and decomposition of them
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS092195.