Once in the team you will bring your machine learning expertise to bear on all aspects of the trade pipeline. You must have the ability to build models for high-frequency asset price prediction, to analyse the resulting trades, and to build models for better understanding of latency implications, etc. You must be able to explain clearly your ideas and results to the rest of the team.
SIG is a global privately held financial trading firm. Our founders are entrepreneurs with a drive to deeply understand the world around us and to use that understanding to make the best business decisions every day, everywhere. We don’t rely on hunches. We challenge each other and use our collective wisdom to make optimal decisions under conditions of uncertainty. This approach gives us the edge we need to be the best. At SIG, we’ve got winning down to a science.
Located in Sydney in the Barangaroo area we trade the APAC region market making options, futures and ETFs.
In the role you will:
- Contribute techniques from machine learning towards improved automated trading systems.
- Work with traders, quants, software developers in a highly focused team building, deploying and improving automated trading systems.
- Research, implement, test, deploy and monitor proprietary systems trading across multiple markets and financial products. We work at all levels of the problem domain from market data handlers through trade monitoring.
- Work with python systems to extract the data you will require.
What we are looking for:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science/ Quantitative subject (statistics, math, engineering, physics).
- Comfortable programming python and C++ in a Linux environment.
- You have developed real-world ML applications and have a strong interest in finance and trading.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with senior/executive trading staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of inter-departmental teams.
Benefits and perks
- Our team allows you to work with smart people who are genuinely interested in the work they do and always solving interesting problems. Our people are very open to new ideas and encouraged to think outside of the box
- Always be challenged and working on leading edge projects
- A casual dress code - shorts are the fashion in the summer!
- An on-site well-equipped gym
- Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast and lunch served daily
- Free Members tickets at SCG and Allianz stadiums
We will have a fully digital interviewing process with remote start options available due to the COVID19 restrictions in Australia.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.