- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 25 Mar 19
Network Security Engineer
Network Security EngineerJoin a global team and provide expertise in network engineering and operational support.
With a strong networking and wireless background, you'll be focused on providing design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting for Network and Network Security solutions across networking equipment, load balancers, firewalls, web proxies and network access control systems.
As a highly motivated team player with 5+ years of relevant experience in Network and Network Security supporting enterprise and global networks, you are meticulous, thorough and possess excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders. You will leverage your quick-thinking and ability to solve and assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions to difficult day-to-day incidents as required. As a self-starter, you have the ability to soak up knowledge and share learnings and knowledge with others. The ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment, coupled with the ability to work under pressure will set you up for success.
Your key technical skills required for this role include:
- solid understanding of Firewalls (Check Point, Cisco, Palo Alto)
- solid understanding of IP networking and Internet technologies, in either Cisco or Aruba switch & routing platforms. CCNP or CCIE would be an advantage.
- solid experience in more than one network / network security platforms:
- Wireless (Cisco or Aruba)
- Cisco Ironport Web Proxies
- strong network analytical and troubleshooting skills with the capability to handle and own critical issues through to resolution
- working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, SNMP, Microsoft Active Directory is desired
- ability to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
- customer-focused with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- the ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement.
If this sounds like the right step to take in your career, please apply via the following link or alternatively please email email@example.com for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.
Advertised: 24 Mar 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time