Senior Systems Engineer
See yourself in our team
- You're motivated and always thinking out of the box
- We are passionate about offering our staff work life balance
- Together we place customers at the centre of what we do
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) is accountable for ensuring Enterprise Services (ES) will attract, develop and retain the best people, enhancing our reputation as an agile Engineering and Architecture led Technology organisation, creating simple and enduring products and services for our employees, customers and shareholders.
As a member of the Chief Technology Office (CTO), you will contribute to all aspects of the technology products and services we deliver, from technical strategy and design to coding to deployment to operation Do work that matters :
We are interested in hearing from people who possess
- Analyse systems and applications and provide recommendations for enhancement and development
- Contribute to the technical design of system enhancements
- Software development and quality control of software developed by geographically disperse team
- Work within in a team environment and provide assistance in the management and leadership of your team and complete associated tasks
- Follow release and change processes in the compilation and distribution of software builds and releases to development and test environments, as well as system updates into production
- Troubleshoot complex deployment and environment issues.
- Assist with preparation and documentation of deployment and configuration scripts for development, test and production environments
- The engineer is expected to have really good understanding of Linux internals and use the knowledge to build the stack and to troubleshoot issues.
- Exposure to networking is required.
- Being skilful in a programming language would be a plus.
- Ability to collaborate using git.
- Have general awareness around programming languages and be able to pick up on new languages like Golang or Rust.
- Be an SME for all Linux related needs of the team.
- We like to adopt useful new technologies and turn things around to fit our needs. This means we are in a constant process of learning and applying new skills. A strong appetite to learn new skills is key
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Proven experience in working with Linux at operating system level, ideally with bare-metal experience at scale. Large scale cloud deployments are also relevant.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of application development and design specialisation
In this role you will gain experience in:
- Start-up (e.g. managing or contributing to a new service, product, business, system or process)
- Business growth (e.g. business development, growing an existing business, expanding into a new market, cross selling or one team referral)
- Cross cultural (e.g. work overseas, experience working with other cultures or managing virtual team)
- On the job development opportunities will be identified for you between you and your manager. They will work with you to create and action your development and career plan.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 31/10/2020