- São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Permanent, Full time
Analyst, Structured Finance
Location: São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil***If you wish to be considered for this position it is required that you submit your resume both in English and Portuguese.
Responsible for producing ongoing credit assessment of structured finance transactions in accordance with the relevant methodologies.
- Act as lead analyst for the initial assignment and monitoring of ratings for Brazilian and Latin American structured finance transactions backed by trade receivables, auto loans, repackaged securities, residential mortgages, and credit tenant leases, among other asset types
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments, including cash flow, collateral, counterparty, and structural analysis using Moody's in-house models and tools to formulate independent credit opinions
- Demonstrate a good understanding of and apply key features of quantitative models in the rating process
- Identify and address relevant legal issues associated with legal documents governing transactions
- Identify credit risks and mitigants and prepare written rating recommendations with limited guidance
- Formulate a cogent rating rationale and present this rationale in a persuasive fashion to rating committee while leading the committee discussion
- Participate in operational reviews and other client meetings to obtain necessary information for analysis
- Actively monitor portfolio, keep informed of market developments and make recommendations for rating transitions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a good understanding of relevant industry and current trends affecting industry participants
- Produce timely and relevant research on new structured transactions, or sector related market reviews with limited guidance that are in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused
- Working with a senior analyst, publish at least 2 special comments per year by contributing to the publications by writing significant portions of the report and preparing tables and graphs
- Provide issuers, intermediaries and investors with timely service by responding to issues, meeting requests and discussing reasonable timeframes for services
- Manage issuer and intermediary expectations effectively to minimize last minute issues
- Speak knowledgeably at conferences and investor briefings
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in rating committees and other internal meetings and contribute high quality insight
- Coach and develop junior analysts and support associates
Research & Ratings
- Graduate / second level degree (e.g., MBA, Master's) or Bachelor's degree with work experience in relevant areas
- Five years relevant experience that provides a good understanding of financial markets and business environment
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to collate information into reasoned arguments
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities (both in English and Portuguese; Spanish is a plus)
- Strong abilities in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work closely with others as well as independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is a must
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.