Director, Sanctions Operations
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
As Director, Sanctions Operations - you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Director/Head of Sanctions to ensure that CIBC and its lines of businesses, enterprise-wide, comply with Canadian and applicable international Sanctions Regulations. You'll provide management oversight of sanctions investigations, alert management, and escalation as they related to screening of clients and transactions such as wire payments and/or other monetary instruments to all applicable sanctions lists. You'll also be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operational activities of a group of analysts and managers devoted to the sanctions investigations. This includes being accountable for ensuring procedures and guidelines are developed and adhered to to ensure CIBC complies with sanctions requirements. Operating with a high degree of independence and within very tight deadlines, you'll be providing advice to lines of business (LoBs) across the enterprise in respect of moderately complex investigations that may involve sanctioned geographies, entities or individuals and for providing critical assistance to the Head of Sanctions with respect to complex transactions. How You'll Succeed -
Who You Are
- Risk management focus - Proactively identify risks and mitigating strategies as well as contributing the continuous effort to strengthen the department's internal controls and governance processes. Contribute to the preparation of responses to regulatory and Internal Audit examinations in relation to sanctions; assist with the development and implementation of appropriate corrective action where deficiencies relate to sanctions.
- Research and analysis - Exercise initiative and good judgement when performing research and preparing recommendations or final decisions, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy to deliver quality material in a timely manner.
- Change management - Demonstrate strong change management skills to assist with the identification of change to sanctions systems or processes, assess the impact, and collaborate with impacted stakeholders for a seamless implementation. Be a bold and accountable leader and leverage your experience of developing and implementing strategic team goals. If you are passionate and have experience in developing and coaching employees to bring out the best in people and subsequently drive for successful team performance, then you'll be successful in this role.
- Time management - Manage competing priorities effectively and efficiently while consistently delivering results and value-adds to your peers and business partners. Manage and direct reports to provide support on Projects involving sanctions screening, including the tracking of timelines and deliverables, liaising with Technology and other teams, develop reporting and metrics for senior director and senior management.
- Stakeholder management - Utilize your strong relationship building skills to collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders facilitating shared success for each project. Contribute sanctions information to the content of reports regarding sanctions for ultimate delivery to the Governance and Control Committee, the Senior Executive Team and the Board of Directors.
What CIBC Offers
- You can demonstrate experience in interpreting sanctions laws and being aware of various regulatory requirements in Canada, the U.S. and EU.
- You can demonstrate experience in Payment operations and SWIFT/wires processing. You have a good sense of correspondent banking relationships and how they impact transaction processing. Additionally, you have experience in writing procedural documents and performing Quality Assurance. You have experience managing large teams and have exceptional leadership skills.
- You have a degree in Law, Social Sciences, International Politics, Business and/or a related field of study.
- You understand that success is in the details. Ability to understand legislative/regulatory language.
- Your influence makes an impact. You possess strong management and leadership skills and ability liaise with various stakeholders.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-483 Bay St, 9th Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours