Senior Analyst, Capital Markets & Treasury Reconciliations (Contract)
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description
*Please note this role is a one year contract. What You'll Be Doing
The Finance Shared Services Group is responsible for providing accurate, complete, timely and cost-effective accounting records and financial reports for the CIBC group of companies. The Senior Reconciliation Analyst is a subject matter expert in moderately complex areas of Reconciliations and is responsible for supporting the administration and productivity of related tasks performed by business partners. The Senior Reconciliation Analyst supports and works closely with the Reconciliations Director in the operational aspects of managing the business partners. The role typically supports moderately complex products/multiple products and/or systems, and the reconciliations process is moderately complex requiring judgment in the application of the appropriate and applicable established procedures. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Investigation & Analysis - resolve differences between identified in reconciliations. Resolution may require directing Accounting teams, Trade Control or Front Office to amend source systems or GL balances as required.
- Reconciliations - perform and manage daily/monthly control and reconciliation of systems to GL, systems to systems, GL to GL, to ensure existence, completeness, and accuracy. Maintain documented procedures of reconciliation and accounting processes. Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved.
- Ownership - ensure effective quality control in all aspects of the work and responsibilities carried out by our business partners. Ensure activities being performed by team members is accurate according to documented procedures. Coach and train other team members as required.
What CIBC Offers
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You have a degree in Finance, Accounting and/or 3 - 5 years of business related experience. It's an asset if you are pursing or enrolled in a CFA, CPA or Masters program.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
Expected End Date
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
2020-09-30 Job Location
18 York Street, 10th floor Employment Type
Temporary (Fixed Term) Weekly Hours