Specialist, Operations Management
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
In support of Repos, Securities Lending, OTC Derivatives and Prime Brokerage Services you will participate in various operational activities which include but are not limited to Collateral Management, Margin Calls, Settlements and Corporate Actions. You will be required to complete routine professional engagement with clients, traders, regulators, senior leaders and other support staff. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Attention to detail & Analytical Skills - Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring that all trades are fully collateralized, all client agreements and trade commitments are adhered to, and are fully balanced and settled by specified SLAs without errors or breaks. Regularly participate in research and analysis of discrepancies between internal records, custodians and counterparties.
- Continuous improvement mindset - Strong focus on process improvement. Regularly identify, develop and implement operational process enhancements with the goal of improving efficiencies and synergies between internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadline - Operate within multiple daily settlement deadlines across international jurisdictions (ie: Europe, UK, US and Canada). Ensure all trades, margin requirements and other daily operational activities are settled prior to end of business in respective jurisdictions without any risk exposure.
- Industry Knowledge & Education - Previous experience in Capital Markets & Wealth Management Operations, with an understanding of Securities Lending, Repo Trading, Prime Brokerage, OTC Derivatives and Collateral Management.
- Technical Skills - Ability to analyze and process data quickly and efficiently with a strong technical and analytical mindset. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.. Experience with Arrow, CDCC, LoanNet, DTC, Global One, Apex, Broadridge, Euroclear and Colline.
What CIBC Offers
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
Expected End Date
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
2020-04-30 Job Location
Toronto-22 Front St., 6th Employment Type
Temporary (Fixed Term) Weekly Hours