Private Banking- China Compliance Head
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Proactively manage the compliance oversight and regulatory risks of the China private banking (PB) business by working closely with the regional PB Compliance teams to ensure the provision of a strong, independent, balanced and reliable control and challenge function.
Provide strategic direction and supervision of the domestic PB Compliance team in the performance of their functional responsibilities, ensuring appropriate prioritization to achieve departmental objectives.
Report to the PB APAC Chief Compliance Officer, and support the China Chief Compliance Officer, ensuring appropriate and timely reporting of issues, support and collaboration on regional initiatives and the availability of relevant and significant management information. Responsibilities and functional duties Advisory
- Ensuring effective review of PB China first line controls, processes and procedures.
- Active participation in PB China New Business projects to ensure that the PB China business develops in a complaint and controlled manner and in line with the organisation's risk requirements.
- Advising on Chinese regulatory requirements / expectations as relevant to the function.
- Reporting to the management in China and APAC of regulatory risks.
- Involvement in corporate governance matters relating to the relevant domestic entity(ies), including ensuring appropriate regulatory filings and notifications (if required) are made.
- Ensure that marketing materials meet applicable bank and regulatory standards.
- Strategic advice and support in client complaint handling
- Coordinate with the regional PB Compliance and other teams (e.g. FCC) to ensure a seamless delivery of regulatory advice to the business.
- Willingness and capability to lead and/or participate in domestic and APAC PB CCO projects.
- Provide constructive and effective challenge in order to establish the continuity of the operations of the business in a controlled and compliant manner, whilst remaining consistent with the bank's risk appetite and regulatory obligations.
- Effective and independent participation of the PB China Business Risk and Controls Committee.
- Maintain a professional and positive relationship with relevant regulators and internal auditors.
- Participate in industry forums and lobbying efforts where applicable on behalf of the organisation.
- Act as primary coordinator and business advisor for on-site/off-site examinations, investigations and regulatory enquiries.
- Assist senior business and compliance management in the assessment of breaches or possible breaches of relevant law/regulation and ensuring that reportable breach reports are raised to the appropriate regulators, where necessary, on a timely basis.
Surveillance, monitoring, approvals and review
- Keep up-to-date and assess the implications of the developments in applicable laws, rules and standards.
- Disseminate change requirements to impacted parties and ensure an implementation plan to meet required changes are devised timely
- Work with APAC and global Compliance teams to provide advice concerning policy and regulatory obligations impacting the China PB business.
- In collaboration with Compliance specialist groups, ensure that an effective compliance monitoring and surveillance program is in place and performed to detect or to prevent conduct that may violate relevant key laws and regulations, relevant CS policies or PB front office procedures and processes.
- Ensure breaches of laws, regulations or front office policies are assessed appropriately, and reports are made to the senior partners and management as appropriate.
- Ensure that timely compliance policy approvals are given/reported as appropriate (e.g. gifts and entertainment).
Team and People
- Ensure that appropriate compliance policies are set up and effectively cascaded to the function. Provide compliance input on policies owned by other business partners.
- Provide induction training to new joiners.
- Assess the need for and proactively ensure that training sessions/ eLearnings are provided to Front Office and other relevant departments on regulatory and policy requirements and lessons learned from complaints, regulatory incidents, enforcement cases and disciplinary incidents.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Positive and proactive collaborator with other Compliance teams and Corporate Functions.
- Committed to proactively engage in knowledge sharing and professional development opportunities within the China and PB APAC Compliance teams.
Skills and Competence Experience requirement
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Outstanding financial market and product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in legal practice or compliance covering financial services, banking or related regulatory fields
- Solid understanding of the private banking business
- Bachelor degree. Must have outstanding analytical problem solving ability and excellent organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills and is resourceful, flexible and responsive in dealing with people
- A strong collaborator with a dedication to quality and can lead and manage a team while working in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills along with strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience with international organizations and ability to work in a multinational environment preferred
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.