Data Factory Business Analyst - Commercial Banking
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Data Factory Business Analyst
. Principal responsibilities
- Translates business requirements into specific customer data project deliverables
- Facilitates the development of business requirements through discussions, workshops and interviews of SME experts across CMB and other lines of business.
- Strategic project delivery enablement
- Prepares materials for the Customer Data Strategy Forum and Customer Data working groups
- Explore Customer data opportunities and solutions from HSBC Group Customer Programme
- Continually explore process efficiencies across lines of business, systems and regions
- Exercise a flexible approach to change both tactically and strategically in order to meet business requirements
- Support and promote the data strategy in deploying Client Data
- Present findings and recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Communicate importance and embedding of Data Governance and Data Management Policy into the delivery of data to projects
- Participate in working groups to manage data demand across the SBIs
- Establish business relationships within CMB and across HSBC
- Establish relationships with CMB technology teams , IT delivery and architecture
- Establish relationships with change delivery to fully understand wider change initiatives and identify synergies
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with CDO team members and Data Governance stakeholders
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people across Business, Transformation and IT to achieve results
- Drive a culture of good project governance, influencing the adoption of data driven insights alongside adherence to data management controls
- Proactively challenge and positively influence business SMEs and senior Stakeholders to ensure data solutions are sustainable and aligned with Data Strategy
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Knowledge of Commercial Banking.
- Experience of Customer Journey for example on-boarding, CDD, KYC, CSEM, CRM
- Experience of working on regulatory initiatives and adherence to timelines
- Solid work experience in data management or business analysis with focus in data
- Familiar with agile methodology, although not essential
- Thorough understanding of project and systems development lifecycle are essential
- Strong awareness of regulatory requirements for Financial Services industry
- Structured analytical problem solving skills, able to breakdown complex problems and find solutions and options
- Excellent business communication and presentation skills, particularly in English
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills are essential
- Well-developed influencing skills are essential
- Ability to build connections, promote ideas and work collaboratively across all levels of seniority and across boundaries
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, but is also a good team player
- Confident, articulate and have a high degree of personal integrity.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.