Equities Developer, Associate
The global front-office team that supports the Delta One Structured Products desk globally, primarily the OTC Equity Swaps business is seeking a highly talented developer, Associate, to join the Hong Kong team.
We are a small team project-wise, have frequent brainstorming sessions as well as design review sessions. We work in an Agile way, preferring smaller rapid iterations over giant releases. We prefer developers whose skills span multiple technologies, and encourage our team members to own features front-to back. Responsibilities:
- Own problems and be able to demonstrate leadership and responsibility for the delivery of new features.
- Expect to write quality unit tests, supply documentation if relevant for new feature build outs, and be involved in the test cycle (UAT, integration, regression) for the delivery and fixing of bugs for your new features.
- Get involved in Level 3 production support which is shared between our developers, and to occasionally help with weekend deployment activities to deploy and verify any code changes you have been involved in.
- Show flexibility and able to respond to a dynamic business environment, adapting to work across multiple technologies and disciplines, with a focus on delivering quality solutions for the business in a timely fashion.
- Be able to work on new business capability, run the bank fixes to the existing platform, identify and fix complex bugs, and then work out a rollout strategy. Qualifications: Requirements:
- Possess good analytical skills, strong software engineering skills, a logical approach to problem solving, be able to liaise with stakeholders to understand complex requirements, and be able to prioritize work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Be a problem solver, and be able to bring with them some positivity and enthusiasm in trying to think about and offer potential solutions for architectural considerations with a "can-do" attitude.
- Extremely proficient with at least one of these technologies we build our application stack on: Java, C# or Q/KDB+
- Understanding of message based architectures
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable, with a proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Awareness of Agile principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Object Oriented Design and Development
- Full software development lifecycle understanding and good software development practices
- An interest and open mind to learn the business and technologies supported by the applications
- Database performance tuning
- Platform (Linux, Windows) and Unix/Linux scripting
- Scripting (Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of the Equity Derivative business
- Knowledge of agile software development environments