Investment Manager, Asset Allocation
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 08 Feb 19
A top global platform is looking for an Asset Allocation Investment Manager for their group's Insurance team. * Under guidance of Chief Investment Officer, recommend and develop tactical asset allocation and hedging strategies for the Group's insurance portfolios. * Collaborate and cooperate with Group Insurance Investment committee and support both local and global levels. * Develop a robust, consistent and prudent derivatives strategy platform to enhance portfolio management and hedging purposes
- Under guidance of Chief Investment Officer, recommend and develop tactical asset allocation and hedging strategies for the Group's insurance portfolios.
- Collaborate and cooperate with Group Insurance Investment committee and support both local and global levels.
- To participate in the group insurance's investment strategy at global and local levels, such as: the return targets, competitive environment, risk appetite and limits of the entity, the profiles and sensitivities of the projected cash flows or ALM requirements, and the regulatory capital, economic capital, tax, etc.
- Develop a robust, consistent and prudent derivatives strategy platform to enhance portfolio management and hedging purposes
- Keep abreast of global developments in the capital markets and insurance industry and changes in regulatory, actuarial and accounting regime, particularly in relation to insurance investment management and financial reporting.
- University graduate with solid experience in investment industry, preferably insurance companies or institutional investors, and additional professional qualifications in Financial, Actuarial or Investment, CFA or FRM can be a plus.
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling background is preferred. Hands on experience of building Tactical Asset Allocation models for institutional portfolio management.
- Hands on experience and proven expertise in investment management, including managing funds for an insurance company or retirement business, ideally in an asset allocation role.
- Broad exposure to a variety of asset class such as equities, fixed income, as well as derivatives and structured products, coupled with strong understanding of Insurance business and regulatory constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills plus English and Mandarin proficiency