Sales Manager - Agency, Banking, Consultancy
- Monthly basic + commission + bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Euromonitor International
- 18 Feb 19
Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. A recognised innovator, consistently out-performing our peers – we were Private Company of the Year 2013 and in 2014 won the Queen’s Award for Industry - we now have offices in 14 countries with around 1,300 staff and a further 800 contributing analysts in over 80 countries around the world. We have come a long way from our beginnings in 1972 and our products now include our award-winning Passport database, consumer and industrial market reports, detailed city surveys, consumer surveys and books.
Brief Overview of the role:
The Sales Management position will be running a team dedicated to ABC sector.
The core remit of both Sales Manager roles is to manage directly, train and develop our team of commercial staff and to maximise syndicated and consulting revenue from existing and new clients in Hong Kong.
From April 2018 the Hong Kong business will take over direct ownership of subscription business and consulting relationships from the Singapore team. The Hong Kong sales team will need to be appropriately structured and organised to handle existing business, defending and expanding those relationships, and at the same time move swiftly to begin new business development outreach to prospects in all types of territory in Hong Kong.
We will do detailed analysis of territories and client structures to determine the appropriate location priorities across many international clients in ABC and Corporates and how our teams in Singapore, Shanghai and Hong Kong will work distinctly and separately, and where they might cooperate and team- work.
Sales manager responsibilities
1. Understand all parts of the market for Euromonitor’s products in Hong Kong
2. Understand all aspects of all services sold by each team member
3. Understand how to do business in Hong Kong and evolve our processes to match the local marketplace culture
4. Recruit, train and coach the team
5. Ensure implementation of the personal business plan of each team member
6. Provide ongoing guidance to team on demonstrations, pitches and proposals
7. Attend client meetings with each team member
8. Help team to manage sales pipelines, and to develop org charts and account plans
9. Assisting in the development of prospect lists, maintained and updated on Salesforce
10. Team skills development through training, coaching and day-to-day support
11. Monitoring and improving activity levels across all key metrics (demos, calls, new contacts, proposals and wins) for each team member
12. Hit the team sales target for the Hong Kong office
13. Build a culture which executes all of our sales process, research and consulting best practices