- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
TTS - Asia NBFI Digital Head, Director
TTS - Asia NBFI Digital Head, Director
- Primary Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19003269
Citi Treasury and Trade Services (TTS) offers a broad range of cash management and trade services, and has a key strategic focus to embark our clients on a transformative digital journey - a critical future lens to the business. Citi's TTS franchise is a recognized market leader in innovation and constantly delivering cutting edge digital solution across 100 countries. Citi's consultative engagement as a key value proposition for their relationship. Our global platform is unique in the industry for its reach, interoperability and flexibility. It provides clients with timely, accurate information and dynamic, web-based tools to effectively manage their business processes, financial positions, working capital and supply chain around the world. Combined with a worldwide network of dedicated and experienced transaction services professionals, TTS is well-suited to serve clients across the globe.
Position Summary and Objective:
Given Digital disruption, Rising middle class and Increased savings, the Asia NBFI segment has been rapidly evolving over the past couple of years. It presents tremendous growth opportunity for our clients as well as for our TTS and ICG businesses e.g., in 2018, the segment delivered 17% revenue growth in TTS and double digit growth in wins and client acquisitions.
Given the immense potential of this fast digitizing segment, the segment has become a key strategic segment for us to focus on in TTS as well as the ICG franchise. The TTS FI sales team handles multinational and Asian clients across Asia Pacific. It is responsible for origination and direct management of deals and opportunities with both prospective and existing customers, while working closely with internal stakeholders to develop and build solutions to win key market share.
The key objective of this position is to develop a multi-period, dynamic forward thinking strategy for the sector to increase revenue wallet share within the existing client base as well as acquiring new clients. Initiating engagement with sub-segments beyond the traditional industries like Insurance and Brokers across to Payment Intermediaries, Asset Reconstruction Companies, etc. among others. Further, the focus is to develop our advisory and insights to be assisting clients navigate the digital future and work on their growth agenda by being a key partner and enabler of success for clients. This leadership position requires extensive collaboration across internal teams such as Coverage, Product, Operations, Technology and other support functions, as well as coordinating performance across countries to ensure a cohesive approach to execution and delivery of the strategy.
The job reports to the Asia FI Sales Head.
- Working very closely with Geography Heads and Regional team, plan and execute a digital strategy with special focus on new digital segments like Payment Intermediaries for APAC in conjunction with global and country partners across the franchise including
- Develop end to end digital engagement strategy for every sub sector and work closely with all partners to execute the same successfully across our existing and prospective client base
- In consultation with sales heads, develop a Client level strategy for key large clients and sub sector targets across all key sectors
- Structure segment specific solution sets basis industry requirements with a focus on efficiency, automation and cost reduction as key themes of this sector
- Execute key financial drivers including revenue growth, wins and origination in partnership with wider sales team and country heads
- Key partnership with Relationship Management teams to assist with overall client approach across multiple teams and credit support
- Building and updating client level account plans with definitive short-term and long-term goals and revenue targets, including engagement with relevant resources to expedite execution and delivery.
- Evaluate industry developments to anticipate upcoming opportunities and place Citi in a position of advantage to capture them
- Identify new and upcoming players in the segment through regular engagement with global network and key influencers
- Clearly understanding and translating unique client expectations of the segment and articulate within Citi to influence product strategy with a focus on developing bespoke solutions customized to this segment
- Be an internal advocate for our clients
- Market Presence: Insights and Advisory - Be an ambassador and evangelist for Citi in the region with clients, partners, and industry forums to continue to drive Citi's recognition as the largest and best in class TTS provider.
- Maintain leading edge expertise of the industry and sub-segments to share best-in-class ideas and concepts towards strategy development and market leadership.
- Consult on complex cash management deals end-to-end including RFP responses and client pitches, stressing on innovative solutions in line with specific client level requirements for each industry.
- Identify clients with low wallet share to actively target by identifying strategies to get a "foot-in-the-door" to be considered as potential key banking partner.
- Collaborate with Product Management Team to plan for new developments within the market and to maintain Citi's competitive advantage
- Maintain collaboration across the horizontal of all areas of Citi outside of TTS
- Senior leadership role with an opportunity to work 15 countries and wider FI team, with high visibility across many functional areas in a growing, dynamic, strategic and business-critical space
- Enhancing the importance of the corresponding segments as a key contributor by building the right perception across the APAC franchise
- Develop in-depth understanding of each sub-segment and lead Citi's strategy to grow business in each sector
- Gain experience organizing and speaking at workshops, client forums and panels
- Exposure and engagement with senior leadership across the APAC franchise to connect the network and build personal influence and brand
Knowledge/Experience, Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of products, industry and target clients especially C2B structures, with ability to identify key requirements of the segments, with a critical mindset towards digitization and allied solutions
- Strong marketing and selling skills & customer service orientation resulting in strong client relationships with top senior client management contacts at CXO levels
- Experience in a large, multi-national financial services firm and matrix organizational structure preferred with people management success.
- Ability to leverage the network and partner with global colleagues across functions.
- Organizational, interpersonal skills with problem solving and analytical mind
- Able to travel across the network
- Experience working with key clients with a focus on large multi-national insurance, asset / fund management and financing entities with significant Asia footprint.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Proven sales track record and demonstrated people management success
- Experienced strategic leader able to design innovative client sales growth plans and execute
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal internally and externally with clients