Team Head, Operations, Gen Ops-Consumer Banking
Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Direct and manage the overall operations of various teams in Customer Onboarding, Consumer Banking Operations.
- Develop work plan of the supervised departments in alignment with the strategic objectives of Consume Banking Operations, Technology & Operations and the Bank.
- Ensure the tasks of the units are completed within specified standards of quality, agreed service level, turnaround time and industry cut-off time
- Manage working relationships with other service partners to ensure that a seamless process flow for applications
- Recommend and implement appropriate actions in response to regulatory and related developments that impact operation guidelines
- Timely escalate exceptional/suspicious issues/transactions/incidents to Head of HK IBG Ops and other relevant parties for necessary follow up action per the T&O Significant Incident Notification Protocol Guideline
- Adhere, provide guidance and ensure the staff / departments comply with the rules, guidelines and regulatory requirement of the Bank, HKMA, MAS, etc pertaining to the operations
- Coach and develop subordinates and guide them in completing their assignment
- Cultivate the mindset of the members with particular emphasis on cost effectiveness, customer services oriented, and operational controls.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Degree holder or above
- At least 10-years' proven track record in managing and leading a banking operation team with over 50 staff.
- Good understanding on all aspects of operations and relevant regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Solid banking operations experience and knowledge of modern technology
- Sound knowledge and understanding of banking and IT operations and practices
- Sound leadership skills with ability to strive people excellence and think strategically in the pursuit of Bank's direction
- Strong ability to influence people to adopt "customer focus" mindset
- Strong risk awareness and management
- Result oriented
- Strong ability to promote team collegiality and effectiveness
- Good in both written and spoken English
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent PC knowledge and skills