BlackRock - Global Product Group - Product Documentation - Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. Global Product Group (GPG)
Product development is viewed as a core global discipline at BlackRock, where it has been recognised that successful product development is the focal point for the impartial analysis of new ideas and brings together different skills from around the business to turn those ideas into realistic product propositions aligned with BlackRock's priorities. It is important to ensure that this function delivers products which combine the investment capabilities with the distribution potential of the firm, whilst ensuring robust operational support. At BlackRock the responsibility for product development (ex iShares), product structuring (including iShares), investment management oversight and range management activities for EMEA pooled funds has been brought under the EMEA GPG team. BlackRock has over 1000 funds in the EMEA region.
The GPG team is responsible for the strategic development, formation, alignment, ongoing maintenance, analytics and governance pertaining to Blackrock's large and diverse range of funds established in multiple domiciles throughout the EMEA region and distributed to clients around the world. The broad remit of the team results in it performing a wide range of functions, including: market, competitor and fund range analysis; the business analysis and design of specific ideas; the project management of fund launches/changes (launch leadership) including detailed product structuring; the production and ongoing maintenance of fund offering documentation including the submission to and agreement with regulators; the interaction with various boards of the funds and their management companies to seek product approvals; engage with regulators and industry bodies and contribute to regulatory developments; and other core fund support services provided to internal teams. GPG Product Structuring
GPG Product Structuring is a division of GPG which leads decision making in relation to the structuring of products and advising the business in relation to funds regulation. The team comprises qualified funds lawyers and paralegals and is responsible for, among other things, navigating multi-jurisdictional frameworks to structure optimal solutions for clients and BlackRock, preparing fund offering documents, and engaging with the boards of directors and regulators to obtain approvals of new product launches and changes to products. The team is also a thought leadership centre for product regulation and works closely with the BlackRock Public Policy Group. Role
We are seeking a high quality Associate to work in GPG Product Structuring (Dublin). The candidate will be responsible for the production and project management of fund documents (including prospectuses, KIIDs and shareholder, board and regulatory communications) principally in support of BlackRock's Irish product range. Responsibilities
Experience and key personal attributes
- Manage production of fund offering documentation (working with external counsel and internal team members to produce documents, managing multiple stakeholder amendments and comments, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations, working closely with the Legal & Compliance function).
- Partner with stakeholders within GPG internally and with other teams within BlackRock (such as client facing teams, portfolio management, operational teams).
- Support the strong governance and control framework in place across BlackRock EMEA with robust processes and procedures in place to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Prepare fund launch/change propositions, and the relevant documentation, for the relevant boards of directors of the fund companies and/or management companies.
- Liaise with regulators to obtain product launch/amendment approval, as necessary.
- Qualified candidates should have experience working with fund documents in the asset management industry, preferably from a leading asset manager, law firm or asset management service provider.
- Highly organised, strong personal and project management skills and the ability to run multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated team member with ability to work quickly and efficiently with minimal supervision and consistent willingness to support other team members in fulfilling the Department's priorities
- Ability to build relationships across the business at all levels
- Previous experience at BlackRock or another asset manager would be an advantage
- Previous experience in advising on funds / structures / distribution. Experience in ETFs would be a particular advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.