Senior Consultant (Senior Business Analyst), Client Change
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Client Change Practice group works closely with Clients, Client Implementations, Worldwide Technology, Operations, Relationship Management and Product to deliver effective change management from change initiation through to implementation and benefits realisation. The group is responsible for programme management, project management and client change as well as business consultancy and business analysis, brought about by strategic direction, client's changes, industry regulations and/or operational efficiency directives.
This is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the business with a significant pipeline of activity. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Focusing on client-initiated projects of all types; defining, coordinating and delivering development and process enhancements according to agreed specifications and in accordance with the project lifecycle
- Work closely with Clients, Business Partners and Consultants to analyse, scope and document improvements following required SDLC/ BPLC guidelines
- Ensure all BRDs are well documented/detailed and responded/approved in a timely manner. Assist Consultants in review and approval of their BRDs
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communicating effectively with different business units at all levels when managing process improvement initiatives
- Ensure project updates are routinely and effectively communicated to clients, business partners and vendors, demonstrating strong communication, client focused and vendor management skills
- Elicitation of client and business need through structured interviews and information gathering sessions. Document clearly defined business requirements and validation with the client and business partners with timely sign off, including clarity on agreed scope and items not in scope
- Traceability of requirements from scope through to User Acceptance Testing
- Responsible for user test planning and execution by defining UAT test strategy, scenarios and framework to guide SMEs through effective UAT script writing, test execution
Working with Us:
- Significant experience of Business Analysis ideally within Asset Servicing/ Investment Management
- Experience working within Asset Servicing/ Investment Management with an understanding of Investment Operations Outsourcing (Middle and Back office) is desirable
- Some knowledge of Back and Middle office functions such as trade processing and settlements through cash processing, income and corporate actions processing, data management, valuations, client reporting etc. is advantageous
- Significant experience of project managing a large programme of change for Clients or Senior Sponsors
- Ability to establish, build and maintain strong and effective working relationships at all levels across the organisation and also externally with clients
- Excellent interpersonal, consultancy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong MS Project skills, also MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and SharePoint
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.