CIB - F&BM - Spread Product Controller - External Reporting - Analyst
Markets' trading is comprised of Corporate & Investment Bank's businesses such as: Spread
(Global Credit Trading, Global Securitized Products, Public Finance, and Fixed Income Financing);
Global Credit Trading provides assets and liquidity for clients such as Banks, Insurance Companies, Finance Companies, Mutual Funds, CDO's and Hedge Funds. Credit Trading works in partnership with Origination, Capital Markets and the Syndicate desk, combining debt origination and structuring expertise with distribution and trading capabilities.
Global Securitized Products which involves pooling and repackaging of cash-flow producing financial assets into securities that are then sold to investors.
Public Finance helps local Govts and not-for-profit institutions like hospitals, educational institutions & utilities with their financing needs. Underwrites bond issuances - both tax-free and taxable, lends directly to clients through the Municipal Credit desk and helps clients hedge their risks by selling derivatives
Fixed Income Financing provides secured financing solutions to J.P. Morgan clients across government, credit, and structured credit securities and manages funding and liquidity of the CIB Fixed Income trading inventory.
External reporting, Balance sheet/RWA role is an extension of the product controller role. The External reporting team is responsible for the timely and accurate regulatory submissions of the Lines of Businesses. The team is also responsible for monitoring balance sheet, liquidity, RWA and capital.
This Role offers a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to enhance holistic understanding of business along with related financial, regulatory and treasury aspects. In addition, this role provides a significant scope for intra-firm networking coupled with exposure to senior personnel. Responsibilities:
- Understanding key functions & responsibilities of various groups involved within every stage of the reporting and tasks (namely Product controllers, External reporting Team, Legal entity controller, Treasury etc.) . A good understanding & ability to navigate through various infrastructure/system used (namely Risk management systems, accounting engines, sub-ledger, ledger, MIS systems etc.).
- Understanding key reports & reporting requirements, ensuring timely delivery & accuracy of same.
- Ensuring data integrity, sanity of the general ledger & other systems used for external & internal reporting / disclosures.
- Preparation, oversight and accountability for the quality of the reporting for internal & external usage.
- Provides analytic & required information for optimizing Balance sheet, Liquidity and RWA.
- Monitoring of the LOBs Balance Sheet from a net funding, GSIB, leverage ratios perspective covering a range of products: derivatives, securities, deposits and structure notes.
- Liaison with various groups to help investigate any issues around daily monitoring and month-end reporting and substantiation. Partner with groups to remediate issues, tracking and management of issues through to resolution.
- Working with the various group to ensure full understanding of developments in Regulatory framework and priorities, i.e. changes to the Capital framework, the impact of Risk Weighted Assets etc.
- Adherence to stringent controls & standards across all processes. Involves continuous process review, audits, robust documentation of procedures, controls & key metrics.
- Collaborate / Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above as well as larger cross-business programmes.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent - Essential
- Good accounting and finance knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Energetic, self-motivated, focused on execution and ability to deliver results even through challenges.
- Professional attitude, strong team player and personable / approachable manner.
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer