Member of the “Production Support” team to support systems used by International Wealth Management Division (IWM). •Engage in helpdesk activities for IWM systems: 1. Ensure requests from front-to-back users supporting IWM business are dealt with effectively and efficiently. 2. Identify cause of system issues and provide remedy/workaround for affected users, as well as to escalate the problem to vendor/CTB team.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
- Member of the “Production Support” team to support systems used by International Wealth Management Division (IWM).
- Engage in helpdesk activities for IWM systems:
- Ensure requests from front-to-back users supporting IWM business are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Identify cause of system issues and provide remedy/workaround for affected users, as well as to escalate the problem to vendor/CTB team.
- Day to Day support of all applications supporting IWM business on shift, and manning the IWM IT Helpdesk.
- Monitor critical components of the system and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Participate in Release Management activities.
- Conduct software application testing and sanity checks during regular IT maintenance.
- Work closely with CTB members to support both BAU changes and projects.
- Work closely with regional IT teams (cross IT BUs) to maintain effective up-stream & down-stream processing.
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning and Exercises.
- Participate/support in regional and/or global projects.
Key Experience & Skills
- Major in Business Information Science, Computer Science or Engineering disciplines
- Experiences of application support role in financial institution
- Hands-on knowledge on Structured Query Language (SQL) for Oracle 19c and Microsoft SQL Server
- Good knowledge on Unix commands
- Demonstrate basic financial understanding in FX/MM/Equity/Derivatives and associated front to back operational workflow
- Completed Avaloq Certification training
- ITIL v3 or similar qualifications
- Hands-on knowledge for Business Intelligence, Datawarehouse, Informatica, Java, and/or web applications
- Understanding on python and excel skill
- Communicates well & across all levels. Ability to communicate in Mandarin and/or Cantonese to interact with counterparts based in China
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.