Associate, Data Analyst - Collection MIS & Analytics, Consumer Banking, Risk Management Group
Business Function Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilities
- Deep dive analyses to investigate shift in portfolio segmentation & customer behavioural trends.
- Develop data analyses that lead to actionable insights into bad debt reduction and recovery improvement.
- Support the formulation of collection strategies by performing data driven analyses and segmentation via SAS, and the implementation of strategies developed.
- Provide MIS support, track and analyse portfolio performances to track the efficiency and effectiveness of collections strategies adopted.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of department daily and monthly reporting of portfolio and credit loss performance to Management as well as external stakeholders, including regulatory reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities to develop / improve forecasting models for collection planning.
- Maintain monthly capacity model and carry out yearly capacity planning.
- Support Budgeting and ad-hoc stress testing exercise.
- Assist Collection department in automating the manual reporting process.
- Support in system and process enhancement initiatives to ensure successful implementation; conduct UAT from MIS perspective for all system changes.
- Support platform conversion initiatives, involve in code translation from SAS to Python
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, or related disciplines; with at least 4 years of exposure in consumer credit industry.
- With hands-on experience on data mining and analysing large datasets, strong programming skills of SAS/Python.
- Good understanding of consumer credit standard and collection management in a financial institution is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Access).
- Self-motivated and Meticulous, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.