Software Applications Development Engineer
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It's time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential. Want to be a part of our team?
The primary responsibility of the Software Applications Development Engineer is to develop new applications and improve upon existing ones that will our client and business needs.
\"Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.\" Working at NTT Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes :
- Develop applications that effectively accomplish client objectives and user needs.
- Design and write code for applications and maintain applications databases.
- Analyze and edit existing software applications to improve and optimise functionality, fix problems and enable its use on new hardware platforms.
- Remodel and adapt applications as needed to optimize performance.
- Identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to application.
- Test applications extensively to ensure they are error and bug free.
- Install applications and act as technical advisor.
- Communicate with relevant internal technical stakeholders to obtain information on project limitations, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Consult with clients in the design phase to determine client needs.
- Produce software documentation following company software process and templates.
- Participates in software product review meetings and team meetings.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Broad understanding of computer science, with specific knowledge of computer programming, application design, and user-focused features
- Creative problem solvers
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Good team players and maintain integrity and display good attention to detail
- Ability to understand and analyze complex systems
- Proficient in writing software using the Java Programming Language and standard object library
- Sound knowledge of software development process
- Familiarity with agile development such as Scrum
- Knowledge of software integrated development environments
- Extensive knowledge in various programming languages (Java, Perl, Python, C++ etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering
- Relevant certifications
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience
- Experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Experienced with Linux or Unix and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with SQL
- Project management experience and/or experience working in an Agile environment
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Seasoned and experienced professional
• Has full understanding of specialisation area
• Resolves wide range of issues in creative ways
• Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated
• Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems
• Networks with senior internal and external people in own area of expertise
• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments.
• Typically requires demonstrable related experience with a Bachelor's or equivalent degree; or moderate level experience and a Master's or equivalent degree; or a PhD or equivalent degree without experience; or equivalent work experience Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today. Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.