Technology Business Analyst
As they embark on global transaction services transformation, the Singapore-based regional team of one of the largest American retail, is looking to expand their team of Technology Business Analysts.
The Technology Business Analyst is responsible for documenting business and functional requirements, including file mappings, process and data flows, business logic and rules, and use cases/ stories and support delivery of migration based projects predominantly in payments domain (ISO20022 and related standards) potentially spanning multiple departments within a single business unit. The Position:
- Gathers & catalogs functional, non-functional, and technical requirements for stakeholder requests.
- Determines the impact of modifications and enhancements on the application.
- Acts as the product(s) subject matter expert to support scope and requirement decisions
- Ensures changes to the application are compliant with bank standards and policies.
- Liaises with business partners to build the business requirement documents and coordinate approval and concurrence. Document and review HLD and hold good knowledge on NFR.
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Work on enhancement projects that improve the operational landscape for the Global Transaction Services, as well as internal company projects that enhance Straight Through Processing
- The candidate should be comfortable in an environment with mixed delivery methodologies depending on the project (Agile, Waterfall) and able to adapt to new technologies, products, and processes quickly.
- Document business and functional requirements, including process and data flows, business logic and rules, and use cases/ stories.
- Support executive requests for reports etc.
- Liaise with global project teams consisting of business sponsors, developers, designers and testers.
- Work closely with UX team to design new features and components
- Manage deliverables and priorities with management and business stakeholders
- Coordinate and conduct testing cycles; acceptance criteria, unit testing, QA and user acceptance testing.
- Support production delivery rollouts during releases
- Strong Business Analyst experience predominantly in Payments domain and ISO20022 migration projects.
- Experience in managing ISO20022 adoption, Swift, Sanctions and payments value chain and sound understanding of APAC ISO clearings schemes.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on Technical Business Analyst with experience in creating/refining business and functional requirements, data analysis, and documentation of existing systems and processes.
- Payment and Core banking domain experience.
- Extensive experience in payment migration projects (ISO20022 and related standards)
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and independently in fast paced environment.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills; Analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities.
- Leverage their experience and understanding of stakeholder needs to help create a solution, envisions the solution to solve a problem (manual or through software)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency in SQL/databases.
- Proficiency in JIRA and Confluence Tools.
- Microsoft Office product suite