Cyber Defense Analyst - Forensics & Response
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Cyber Defense Analyst (Forensics/Response) role is a technical position within CME Group's Cyber Defense Team. In this role, the analyst will be both a member of the Incident Response Team, as well as a subject matter expert in digital forensics within our Belfast Office.
- Forensically collect and preserve evidence from end user systems, servers, network data repositories, and other log repositories as required.
- Create forensic images of RAM, Hard Disks, and unstructured log data.
- Complete required documentation during the collection of forensic data.
- Perform structured analysis of forensic artifacts under the supervision of a senior forensic analyst.
- Test forensic tools for accuracy and identify useful artifacts that may not be supported by an existing tool.
- Act as lead incident handler for low severity incidents.
- Perform technical analysis of multiple sources of data, including network flows/packet data, host forensic artifacts, and application/system logs.
- Manage incident communications, including establishing/scheduling bridge lines and periodic incident update calls.
- Document incident tasks and updates in the incident management system.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High level critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into network/security issues and products.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple goals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical, management and senior leadership
- Experience in Forensics or Information Security.
- Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for information security through course work/degrees completed, self-study, and/or certifications that have been completed.
Formal Education & Certifications
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems or related work experience
- Certifications such as SANS GSEC, GCFE and GCFA (or related knowledge/experience) are desired.