In addition, the candidate must have the knowledge and leadership to guide the Wealth Management institutional business in complying with all policies and procedures and all applicable government regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act and other Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
The AML Risk Manager must stay abreast and be knowledgeable of all related policies, procedures and regulations to remain proficient in all job responsibilities.
This person must be able to assess complex regulatory situations and assist business leaders in operationalizing the requirements.
The candidate must have the ability to work with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners by providing full cooperation and timely delivery of requested documentation and information.
The AML Risk Manager will provide oversight of Investment Services business line and operational AML and Sanctions programs, and assist with overall compliance for the Enterprise.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Overseeing the implementation of the BSA/AML Program consistent with regulatory expectations and industry practice for the Global Investment Services business line
Oversight and guidance to the business in the development of effective processes for customer due diligence, periodic review, and enhanced due diligence for high risk customers
• Strong guidance and credible challenge to senior business leaders in their implementation of financial crimes controls
• Provide subject matter/industry expertise regarding inherent risks and associated controls relevant to the Investment Services business
• Provide guidance to other EFCC/ FCC teams regarding appropriate mitigation strategies for AML risk related to applicable business line
• Point of escalation for FCC teams on all issues/regulatory AML matters for applicable business line
• Develop and maintain Quarterly AML/BSA/Economic Sanctions risk assessments for BL and provide guidance for associated action plans
• Ability to work on a variety of complex issues within a time-sensitive environment and drive results by promoting a strong culture of Financial Crime Compliance
• Advanced degrees (i.e. MA, MS, MBA); CAMS or CFE certification are favorably considered
• Significant experience with specific emphasis on Wealth Management compliance related to BSA/AML/OFAC at a large financial institution, regulatory or law enforcement agency
• Relevant managerial experience in compliance or related risk management, data analytics or critical thinking positions
• Excellent interpersonal abilities including superior oral and written communication skills with the aptitude to establish credibility and collaborative partnerships with senior business leaders and global compliance partners
• Understanding of Investment Services products and services and how they may be exploited for criminal purposes, including but not limited to money laundering and terrorist financing activities (Specifically Fund structures)
• Proven experience of interaction with regulators and auditors