Our client is a prestigious global Hedge Fund with a multi strategy investment approach with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. With an AUM of more than $30bn,and building on recent success, they are looking for a strong Cross Product Trade Support candidate. The Middle Office Trade Support Specialist will be responsible for providing support to Portfolio Managers and other Departments to ensure all trades are captured and affirmed in a timely manner. The role will be primarily focused on interest rate, credit, bonds, futures and FX products (both cash and derivatives), as well as all Equity products.
- Trade Queue: Monitoring and timely clearance of the trade queue. This covers all products.
- Middle Office Inboxes: Monitoring and timely resolution of queries sent from PM’s
- Electronic Affirmation: Working with eclerx, directly onshore and with our counterparties to match trades in a timely manner for IRS, Bond and Credit trades on their various affirmation platforms.
- Non-electronic Affirmation: To ensure that the risk on all trades or products that do not go through an electronic platform have been addressed and mitigated.
- Broader T0 tasks: To ensure that the MO provide a timely level of service and support to the other product lines and areas who are involved with affirming trades on T0 (e.g. FX, Futures, Equity).
- Escalation: Escalation to line manager, Operational risk and the wider management team of failures in the process or potential issues that could create a loss for the firm (either direct or a p&l re-instatement).
- Global Model: The MO operates a ‘follow the sun’ model and so it is important to ensure that there is a clear handover of tasks and responsibilities to each region.
- Firm support: Primary support focus of the MO is to support the PM’s but the wider responsibility is to work with all of the teams in the firm to ensure that the accurate and timely capture of trades is completed every day.
- Improvements and management of initiatives: Identify and document pain points / process weaknesses within respective areas, and take steps to remediate through delivery of remediation initiatives. This should include: Stakeholder buy in and engagement, syndication and sign off of business case(s), end-to-end project planning, delivery to plan and status reporting, and escalation of risks / issues.
- Control focus: Proactively identify, assess and document risks within your area, and propose process and control improvements to mitigate them. Additionally it is required to keep the Operational Risk department informed of any findings.
- Resolve any issues related to MarkitWire, Ice-Link, SEF or DTCC for bilateral or cleared trades in a timely manner and work closely with clearing brokers to resolve any positional breaks
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives is essential, especially Interest Rate Swaps
- Previous experience of supporting a Flow desk.
- Ability to work at pace, facing off to Senior Portfolio Managers.
- Strong understanding of reconciliations of trading activity from front to back, resolving trade and position breaks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral