Nomura is searching for a Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to provide in-depth intelligence analysis support covering the EMEA region.
The candidate will be a member of the Global Cyber Threat Intelligence Team (GCTI), supporting regional and global security initiatives based in London. The candidate will be the primary lead for Digital Risk related threats, including brand protection and reputational threats. The candidate will respond to relevant threats by producing intelligence reports, manage digital risk alerts, as well as briefing senior management. The candidate will produce a variety of finished intelligence products to support stakeholders and business lines, and help create mitigation strategies for known threats. The candidate will have excellent communication skills and work with teams across the globe on a daily basis.
In this position, the Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is expected to:
- Analyse, collect, process, and compare data points to produce intelligence products.
- Understand threats under the Digital Risks banner and develop measures to protect against them
- Manage digital risk alerts and work closely with security teams to triage alerts
- Support and maintain relationships with global information security teams, brand, legal, communications, IT, Risk, Finance, Control and HR groups.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cyber threats to support current analytic operations and initiatives.
- Support intelligence automation and security orchestration efforts and maintain Threat Intelligence platform (TIP).
- Liaise with Internal security teams such as SOC, Vulnerability Management, Threat Hunting and others.
- Create, develop, and manage tools and scripts/process to assist in the monitoring of cyber risk, intelligence sources, and automation of processes.
- Develop metrics and reporting programs for senior leadership.
- Project management of Intelligence Lifecycle, including documentation.
- Occasional off-hours and weekend work required.
- In cyber threat intelligence, digital risk and security operations, or cyber investigations and incident response, including the analysis of malware, hacking tools, and threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures to characterize threat actors' technical methods for accomplishing their missions.
- Understanding of and experience with modern technical security controls and technologies, such as TIP's, SOAR's, firewalls, SIEMs, IPS, HIPS, web proxies, etc.
- Must be proficient with OSINT gathering techniques, dark web monitoring concepts.
- Knowledge of cyber threat intelligence models ((e.g., MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Diamond Model).
- Knowledge of methodologies and techniques for identifying, prioritizing, and classifying cyber threats.
- Proven record of accomplishment tracking and understanding threats from: Nation State Threat Actors, Cyber Crime, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Malware, Vulnerabilities, Fraud and Social Engineering Techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must possess the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must be able to pay strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree required; higher education preferred
- Financial Industry/Banking Experience preferred.
- Relevant certifications (Security +, CISSP, GIAC, etc.) preferred
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.