Primary Ratings Analyst
- Very Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bruin Financial
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Leading Insurance Solutions provider seeking a Primary Ratings Analyst to join their London office.
• Challenging and performing credit analysis on new investment opportunities with a focus on structured credit.
• Developing and maintaining internal credit rating methodologies.
• Assigning internal credit ratings and preparation of materials for consideration by the company’s Credit and Investment Committee(s).
• Evaluating new investments proposed by the asset origination team to identify key credit risks and to challenge deal structures, legal analysis, due diligence and modelling.
• Developing and updating internal credit methodologies and rating models with a focus on complex structured credit instruments.
• Conducting financial analysis of credits to assign internal ratings and present well-structured credit recommendations to senior management.
• Developing investment guidelines and risk limits for the company’s investments.
• Participating in industry events and staying informed through review of market research in order to monitor market trends and appropriately challenge new investment proposals.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 2:1 graded BSc or equivalent from a reputable University.
• Minimum of 3 years credit risk experience with a range of structured finance assets and/or fixed income markets.
• Broad experience with quantitative, qualitative, financial and risk management techniques
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with excellent financial modelling skills.
• A self-starting, pro-active attitude. Operating autonomously and demonstrate the ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior levels within the organisation.
• Experience of working in an ECAI (preferable)
• Commercial Real Estate, Project Finance, Infrastructure sector experience.