The Senior Analyst role will be primarily responsible for providing analytical support to maintain and accelerate the LPPI’s investments incorporating the Credit assets allocation portfolio.
Key activities include:
- Assisting with asset allocation in accordance with the agreed investment strategy;
- Assisting with the selection of direct, indirect investments and investment managers; and
- Monitoring of investments.
Build knowledge and capability across the investments function in order to support the wider team in the monitoring of external investment mandates/direct investments and to produce management information to facilitate decision making at the highest level.
Lead analysis (including task-based supervision of junior staff where required) to assist with investment activity and the subsequent management and monitoring of Credit Assets ensuring these are invested in accordance to the agreed Investment Strategy, generating the level of expected investment returns.
Working with colleagues, contribute to LPPI’s stated objectives to close clients’ funding deficit within agreed time frames by optimising the performance characteristics of the Credit portfolio and assist the Credit Investment team in ensuring that LPPI’s investments are:
- Consistent with the Fund’s investment aims/expected returns and within acceptable risks;
- Managed by ‘best of breed’ managers - contributing to manager selection processes whilst monitoring and reviewing existing managers against their respective performance metrics;
- Placed within appropriate funds which match the LPPI’s investment profile and cash flow requirements;
- Providing value for money by managing the fund’s expense ratio efficiently; and
- Improving the fund managers’ accountability and asset transparency.
- Support the team in developing the Credit Strategy and monitoring and exploring the development of investment opportunities in the market.
- Ensuring the effective administration and monitoring of the Credit portfolio.
- Contribute to the management of clients’ assets more broadly by understanding and supporting the development and implementation of asset allocation and investment strategies.
- Lead accountability for completion of new investment due diligence work/reports as directed by senior staff. This will include both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Assist the Investment Director in identifying, and proposing appropriate recommendations in relation to new Credit investment opportunities, playing an important role in the selection of appropriate fund managers.
- Lead on monitoring of manager communications and support effective running of Credit fund manager meetings and be responsible for up keep of manager database, meeting notes and proactively following up on all action points as necessary.
- Contribute to the management and monitoring of Credit asset performance by processing/reviewing all investment and accounting information from fund managers and direct investments to ensure that investments are managed in accordance to expected targets, returns, investment guidelines and parameters.
- Responsible for providing advice and guidance on Credit asset related quantitative related matters to the Investments team, Executive Management Team, various investment committees and Board members as appropriate.
- Contribute to the monitoring and analysis of Credit asset performance, report findings to the CIO/Investment Committee/Investment Sub Committee and Executive Management Team on a regular basis.
- Support information requirements of the operations team as required.
- Continually develop knowledge and skill on all matters relating to Credit assets under guidance of senior colleagues and attend professional courses and/or seminars as approved by the Investment Director.
- Attend appropriate Credit Asset class networking group activities to develop relationships with fund managers and other Credit asset investors.
- To contribute and actively support LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives as directed.
- Degree level educated preferably gained within a finance, economics or Maths/statistics related discipline.
- Enthusiastic and enquiring personality, backed by desire to take on new challenges and learning opportunities.
- Ideally, three-five years’ experience in investment or financial analysis gained within a relevant organisation; possession of post-graduate qualifications in accounting or finance an advantage.
- High level of demonstrable knowledge in Credit and ideally, previous experience and/or interest in co-investment and direct deals.
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge and practical experience of portfolio optimisation and asset allocation encompassing alternative asset knowledge.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities including advanced use of spreadsheets and database software; ability to use MS office tools to assist in communication of key messages to facilitate decisions.
- Experience in developing and following an investment process.
- Highly effective communication, influencing and relationship management skills including personal credibility in delivering strategic information to peers, Executive Committee and Board Members to facilitate high level decision making.
- The ability to build positive and productive working relationships with a variety of internal and external partners including Fund Managers.
- Existing developed industry network or ability to develop with stakeholders at all levels maintaining contacts and using skill to professional advantage for investment opportunity origination
- A proactive, self-motivate team player who can manage a high workload with multiple deadlines ensuring expectations are managed throughout.
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP’s commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.