Senior Consultant, Data & Analytics Delivery, Consulting, London
Your opportunity The Information Delivery team are in search of a Senior Consultant- you will be encouraged to devise innovative solutions to help our clients address their biggest data challenges
. Typical projects could include, developing Big Data and NoSQL technology solutions, analysing source data for an Information Delivery project, developing an Information Delivery solution using commercial ETL software, or leading on a Data Quality analysis project. In your role, you will have responsibility for deliverables and client stakeholder relationships and could be leading a team to deliver solutions for our clients using agile methodologies. You will often be working in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries, subject matter and locations.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
Our projects vary greatly and your responsibility as a Senior Consultant will differ based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillset but could include and may require you to:
- Work directly with client stakeholders to assess the as-is Information Delivery solution and suggest an efficient to-be solution
- Build product roadmaps for our clients, planning the delivery of features and user stories in a series of agile sprints
- Lead SCRUM teams of Information Delivery developers, potentially onshore and offshore
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Investigate and understand trends in open source data technology development, such as Apache projects and the work of leading tech companies such as Facebook and Netflix
- Assist in the development of our market leading analytics and information management offerings, help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities, and contribute to the development of our thriving Information Delivery and Information Management community
You may be involved in:
Your work, your choice
- Contributing to the solution architecture of an operational information delivery or analytical data warehousing solution
- Designing an enterprise data lake to cater to a client's data storage needs, to enable analytics across a global company
- Developing a real-time data warehouse to help our clients respond to customer behaviour as it happens
- Developing a cloud based Information Delivery platform which allows our clients' apps to talk to each other, enabling real-time insight from the movement of data between their technology components
- Leading the assessment of a client's existing Data Quality to understand the impact of data issues on their business
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully; there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client and project demands.
This is a permanent full time contract opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Salary: Market Rate. Opening Date: 05.11.2020, Closing Date: 03.12.2020. Full Time Your service line: Consulting
- Ability to demonstrate stakeholder management skills and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to bring teams together as a SCRUM lead to drive success through applying coaching, facilitation, stakeholder management and expectation management capabilities
- Developing solutions in both on premise and cloud environments using leading cloud vendors
- Database development and maintenance using tools such as Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, etc.
- Data Migration design and build including Migration Strategy and approach, Source & Target system analysis,' mapping, ETL development and data reconciliation
- Data Cleansing and monitoring using tools such as Trillium, SAS, IBM and Informatica Pricing optimisation
- Master Data Management Strategy, roadmap, vendor selection and implementation using market leading tools such as Oracle, Informatica, IBM, etc
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179442