An established multi $Bn hedge with a strong track record and an institutional investor base is looking to add a senior Java developer to the team. NB - this is a senior hire and you'll likely need 10 years plus experience of working with trading systems using Java as your principle language.
This fund has been around for a long time, the development team has a flat structure and is populated by experienced, long serving individuals.
People stay due to;
- Level of responsibility, opportunity to have an impact
- Quality of colleagues
- Collaborative environment - no significant divide between tech / trading
- Small firm, just over 100 people
- Good rewards
The team & the position;
- Team is responsible for making sure that the systematic strategies trade properly
- They work closely with the research team
- All team members are authorised & trained to trade as necessary
- No divide between tech / trading - highly collaborative
- Strategies have a varying holding period of intraday - weeks / months
We are looking for;
- Significant Java expertise- building and developing trading system(s)
- Buy side experience is preferable
- Solid understanding of trading systems and the broader systematic environment
- Good design skills & problem solving abilities
- ML / processing data / building signals experience useful
This represents an opportunity for someone with a good level of expertise to make a significant contribution to a successful firm, whilst collaborating with & learning from some very experienced people.
Should you feel that this is of interest and that you have the skills and experience required please make contact to discuss.