UK leading investors in SME's, seek Senior Investment Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 12 Nov 18
UK's leading and longest established investors in smaller growth companies, typically investing between £1 million and £5 million in UK based private businesses across a variety of transaction types, are looking to add a Senior Investment Manager to their team in London. Typically 10 years experience including banking/consulting + investing experience.
Our client are a UK leading and longest established investors in smaller growth companies, typically investing between £1 million and £5 million in UK based private businesses across a variety of transaction types, including venture capital, growth capital, management buyouts, equity release ("cash outs") and management buy-ins.
The team currently has c£400 million of funds under management, across a number of funds, and manages a broad portfolio of over 40 companies.
The fund remain focused on generating attractive returns for investors by applying its expertise in smaller growth companies.
They are now looking to add a Senior Investment Manager to their team who will work on the following:
- Full member of the Investments team, working on the execution of investments for the fund
- Origination of investments, carrying out an initial investment appraisal and due diligence
- Execution of investments – full involvement in all aspects of the transaction process including valuations, preparing and reviewing of documents, negotiation and management of advisors through to completion
- Portfolio management work – working with investee companies to help them achieve their strategic objectives
Required experience and skillset:
- Private Equity and Venture Capital professionals
- Chartered accountants with big four corporate finance, restructuring, TS experience
- Investment bankers with blue chip advisory firms
- Strategy professionals
- Real interest in UK investing and with experience of working with UK SMEs
- Outstanding academic background
- Collegiate approach
Candidates for the Senior Investment Manager role will typically have 2-5 years of venture capital or private equity experience in addition to around five years of prior experience in corporate finance, investment banking or consulting.