WMF Global Governance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
WMF Global Governance Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1.1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialised subject-matter expertise.
The Wellington Funds Group is the sponsored fund group within Wellington Management and offers funds (to include UCITS and AIFs) across equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies, globally. As of 31 December, 2017 Wellington Management Fund's (WMF) Global fund businesses comprised of 80+ funds, domiciled in various legal jurisdictions with assets of US$37 billion from institutional and distribution clients in many countries.
Working closely with the various cross-functional groups (to include legal and compliance, tax services, global fund services, marketing and product development) that support the WMF business, the Governance Analyst will manage the governance obligations of the fund business, with primary focus on the WMF funds domiciled in Luxembourg and Ireland (UCITS and AIFs). This will include overseeing content for regular board meetings, managing relationships with board and committee members, and leading regulatory, governance, and compliance projects for the WMF Global business. This position will report to the Manager, Governance, Business Policies and Practices.
- Ensure timely production, collation, qualitative review and distribution of board and committee materials
- Develop and maintain governance policies, procedures and best practices
- Effect board and senior management appointments, inductions and evaluations. Assist with board member training
- Point of contact for all board related matters, build and maintain relationships with WMF's board and committee members (internal and external)
- Provide corporate secretarial and other support for all WMF's board, committee and shareholder meetings. Manage external corporate secretarial service providers
- Be familiar with and ensure adherence to applicable governance related laws, regulations and codes, working closely with legal and compliance colleagues
- Monitor and review regulatory and governance developments (working closely with legal and compliance colleagues) and assess the impact on the fund business. Lead or assist in the implementation of related changes
- Ensure business and fund changes are appropriately built into governance processes, committee and board reporting
- Enhance delegated investment management oversight model and practices
- Complete commercial registry and regulatory returns and ongoing notifications and confirmations and maintain records, registers, databases and signature lists
- Monitor industry developments on governance
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of progression and achievement in the governance of funds. The candidate will have a capacity for differentiated thinking, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work across teams. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the presence and leadership qualities needed to execute governance obligations and the ability to lead and facilitate cross functional projects and meetings in a fast-paced, evolving environment .
- Relevant professional experience, including experience in the governance of UCITS funds with a solid understanding of investment management/fund business
- Strong academic credentials (qualified ACIS)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Attention to detail
- Deadline focused, organised self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and issues
- Ability to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Strong business judgement and analytical skills
WMF Global Governance Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .