Technology Product Manager - Portfolio Management Tools
Description About this role
Are you a Product Manager who can turn difficult concepts into intuitive and simple products? Do you want to work with hands-on technology and investments leaders who shape financial markets every day? Are you a product leader, a business builder, and most of all a problem solver?
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin, BlackRock's investment and operating technology platform. Being a product manager in the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We partner with our end users to deeply understand their business strategy and build powerful technology to help them get there. Within APG you will find:
Your role and impact:
- A team of world-class engineers, product managers, and UX professionals that build solutions for BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use the Aladdin eco-system
- Insatiable curiosity about the FinTech ecosystem, emerging products, and technologies
- An agile, growth environment with new business and product opportunities every day
- A desire to make BlackRock and the community a better place
- A vision toward the future, with a focus on incremental innovation
Currently, we are looking for Product Managers who will help us drive product development initiatives with a specific focus on the Aladdin Portfolio Management Platform. The portfolio management platform sits at the very core of Aladdin's capabilities and brings transparency and scale to the workflow of Fundamental Equity, Index Equity, and Fixed Income portfolio managers. It allows them to:
- Seamlessly model orders across one or many portfolios, so they can move quickly to keep up with markets.
- View intraday P&L and daily performance attribution, to see the impact of their investment decisions and determine where they can continue to add value.
- Utilize Aladdin's integrated optimizer to rebalance portfolios while minimizing tracking error.
- View reconciled cash balance and projections in real-time to ensure cash is put to work effectively.
- Lead and champion initiatives, both big and small, across the organization to execute firm-wide initiatives, increase the Aladdin value proposition for clients, and increase revenue opportunity for the firm.
- Work with stakeholders to influence how technology can help BlackRock and Aladdin clients.
- Engage with a cross-functional product team, marching the team toward a common goal for the product.
- Connect with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business to drive product direction to support our alternatives technology platform.
- Guide the Aladdin Alternatives product strategy by advocating and influencing partner teams to build buy-in on product vision to create a market-leading product
- Work closely with our Aladdin developers to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients' business problems.
- Proven track record to work closely with designers, engineers and end users to translate design ideas into working prototypes and commercial products
- Set and deliver compelling product visions and evangelize internally and externally
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Ability to represent the firm in industry forums and events
- Predict potential issues in implementing designs and find the best solution
- Use market and competitor research to advise product strategy decisions
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.